Verifying DMI Pool Data

Jeremy

The hard drive is probably fine, but as a check, unplug it.

You should get a boot disk or boot partition not found.

If you get that error, then there is something wrong with the drive or the boot sector of the HD.

If not, u may need BIOS upgrade.

When the PC boots, can you hit <F2> or <DELETE> and get into the BIOS and play around? Is everything recognized in the BIOS settings correctly (e.g. memory, memory timings, CPU, temperatures, etc.)?

Yes, it allows me to get into the system bios with no problem and everything is recognized, I just can't get the O.S. to boot snd it's starting to annoy me as there doesn't seem to be any reson for this problem unless it is because the power supply is 50 watts below the minimum for the video card though that doesn't make sense either as everything else works fine. Also, I don't see how clearing the cmos would help as this is a brand new out of the box motherboard, cpu, and video card.

Edited by erickara2002

Ok, I changed the boot order so I booted from the CD first, and it seemed as if the DMI Pool Data was verified, however... When I load Windows Setup, it tells me no drives were detected. I have SATA enabled in my BIOS and it is working because I can feel it vibrating. It is picked up when my PC scans for SATA drives, too. What's going on?

..... why can't computers be nicer to me... :(

What Service Pack (if any) does your XP CD have intergrated? For your 160GB drive you need 48 bit LBA, and that wasnt updated until XP SP 1a .

Edited by ssmokee

So what happens when you put in the Windows XP disc? It does not boot, or it does not recognize the hard drive?

The old OS will not boot b/c it does not know what the new IDE controller is (you may have had a Promise controller before, and now there is a Highpoint chipset controller).

I have a similar problem, I'm upgrading the motherboard, cpu, and video card on a friend's computer and when I attempt to boot the system I get an error message Verifying DMI Pool Table and the boot process hangs, can anybody help me out with how to fix this error as I don't know how to update the DMI to accept the new hardware. I installed an AMD Athlon X2 dual core processor, a K8 Triton motherboard, and a Geforce 7800 GT OC videocard. Also the computer has XP Pro installed.

If it locks up at "Verifying DMI Pool", the problem likely is caused by just having the wrong HDD jumper settings. (if still using PATA)

FYI, "Verifying DMI Pool" isn't an error message at all.