Are you online at T-12?

i think you are, with vmware and NAT enabled.my firewall popped up saying Windows setup was trying to access crl.microsoft.com which is used for Driver Signing..

*edit*

T-32 = Installing Network

T-15 = During Registering Components VMNat.exe treid to access crl.microsoft.com

pic0lf.th.jpg

so i'm pretty sure you are connected

*edit 2*

sorry for my bad grammar lol, was in a hurry to post

Edited by Bi0haZarD

I built an unattended CD that installed Symantec AntiVirus from cmdlines.txt. On first boot I checked the virus definitions and they were up to date. I think you get online somewhere between T-34 and T-29

If you inspect the setup log found in %systemroot%, you'll find out an awful lot about what happens when during setup. It's been a while since I've looked one over because I seem to have this down now, but as an example, auto activation happens during the GUI portion of the setup. It's way towards the end of the log file, so I don't think it would be an indication of availability during svcpack.inf or cmdlines.txt, but the network for an install is configured rather early on. I'd test out what I posted earlier in here, but I'm in the middle of about 10 other things right now.

Start this cmd from cmdlines.txt it will open msfn main page at the time

the cmdlines.txt is process.

@echo off && CLS && Mode 55,3 && Title Open MSFN.Org && Echo. && Echo Preparing to open MSFN.org

ping -n 2 127.0.0.1>nul && start www.msfn.org

Incase anyone has been watchin this topic, yes you are online at T-12 (cmdlines.txt)

I was able to make a batch file to download 2 files of the net using wget.. one hard coded and one using system variables (%homedrive%)... i was also able to ping google.com and start up internet explorer at googles homepage.

online9lj.jpg

hmm

I'm not because ever since I discovered that a long time ago I DISCONNECT the Lan cable during my setups.

If memory serves me, something said a long time ago about getting all the Hotfixes done and Virus checkers/Firewall in place before you go online, Josh Maybe?

My guess would be that at that stage of Windows setup, there are probably more than just a couple of services that are not yet available anyway, which would leave less to target. For instance, WMI is not available until after the computer reboots from the GUI portion of setup.

Yes probably not much can happen right there since it may be only connecting to MS sites, but you know what?

Best to Be Safe than sorry

I want to know whats going out and coming in at all points from Power Switch On

No Bug's or critters here and never have been.

Recovery if configured right works or at least has for me in the few occasions I've had to use it.

Which leaves us to another thing, I usually Install Recovery Console which wants to connect and check for updates at Runoncex. I deny it as usual but am I missing out on something special?