eMax Customers of the board

XPerties

In the last 24 hours a tragic event struck our data center. A explosion in one of the generator...here is the news release from them.

Just before 7 PM CST a3000 KVA transformer that servers our data center exploded and caught fire. Our internal systems switched us initially to battery power and then to power off of our generators that are onsite. These generators carried us through the crisis and continue to carry us now.

As a precaution only, we immediately dispatched two additional generators to serve as backup in case one of our generators failed. These backup units are onsite and completing final testing and turnup as of about & AM CDT.

Our team successfully implemented our Emergency Response Plan and senior management personally led our team throughout the evening and night. We continue to work our plan and adjust to the curves that we’ve been thrown.

There primary generators continue to run well within normal parameters, and they have brought in 2 backups being fueled every 12 hours. They or I do not expect any downtime but in the event I apologize. I have posted this here so other may know if the data center goes down and why it has gone down. Here are some pictures of the event.

http://www.emaxhosting.com/fire/

And before anyone ask , yes no one was hurt.

Well, my congratulations goes out to eMax Host for having the back up system in place. Also as motioned more back up power was brought into place, all in an effort to keep things going while this unfortunate ordeal is resolved. If someone has so little experience in the real world as to not realize that these things do happen and the only thing that can be done is to be prepared for the worst then they should keep there comments to themselves.

Thank you for the information XPerties.

For those of you who are ready to jump on someone else's misfortune, physical age does not mean mental maturaty..... :)

Good thing it did not damage the data and hardware.  Strange thing is that I've yet to see the power go out where I live in the last 9 years.

lucky, each time theres storms and lightning (happens allot during hot summers) there's always atleast one power reset where it goes of and back on, I really need to get a power backup thing, each time it happens its long enough to shut off my comp :)

btw, thanks for deleting my earlier post...NOT...

btw, thanks for deleting my earlier post...NOT...

huh? What you talking about bud?

at least one of yours was deleted too xperties

oh...I see now, probaly had something to do with that member who is now on vacation. Admins/Mods just doing there job. :)