aol security centre

craig.mason

i see that aol has got a new security centre www.aol.com/safety but its only avalible to its us customers at the moment :realmad: don't know when the uk customers will get it but i would like to know if anybody's had any problems with it

It's Always Off Line so you know that everyone that has used it has had a ton of problems. AOL is nothing more then a company that overcharges and takes advantage of the "New Internet User" Ever try to stop using AOL? If you do watch out cause they not only continue charging you they also double charge you and at times triple charge for several months. I know from them doing this to my girlfriend and also her father a few of my neighbors. The list goes on and on. Just google AOL overcharge and read the pages of complaints on this company.

Edited by phatcat42141

It's Always Off Line so you know that everyone that has used it has had a ton of problems. AOL is nothing more then a company that overcharges and takes advantage of the "New Internet User" Ever try to stop using AOL? If you do watch out cause they not only continue charging you they also double charge you and at times triple charge for several months. I know from them doing this to my girlfriend and also her father a few of my neighbors. The list goes on and on. Just google AOL overcharge and read the pages of complaints on this company.

Yes, I had signed my mother up years ago for AOL--when she finally got broadband about a year and a half ago, she decided she didn't need it anymore (obviously), and asked me to cancel it, which I was glad to do. I got to tell you, trying to get them to close the account was more painfull then ripping off my fingernails while someone poured concentrated acid into my eyes! They would not accept the fact that I didn't need their service and insisted that I didn't understand all the benifits of being an AOL member and that I should sign up for AOL broadband service. This was on top of the fact that I was being double-billed for last 6 months because my sister had attempted to add a 2nd screen name to the account without realizing that she had actually set up a 2nd account!--and they gave me a hard time about shutting that down too! I couldn't hang up the phone because they refused to confirm the fact that my account was closed! After about 40 minutes of a phone call that had me almost in tears of frustration, they finally turned off the account, but not intil after screaming at the top of my lungs that I wanted to speak to a supervisor.

I will NEVER, EVER do business with that company again!

I've known a few AOL users and many who converted to the real thing after using AOL. Odd thing about some of the AOL users was that when you log on to AOL, you are basicly just logging onto their server and these people were quite happy just playing the AOL games and whatever and rarely did they actually get onto the internet. Very odd.

DL