Setup Asks for files

MCT

using windows xp sp2 & 98se, ive redone my multiboot dvd, but i dunno whats wrong, 98se works good, but xp asks for files after entering the GUI part of setup (around 39min mark) "Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD" then it says "copy files from d:\i386" it should be "d:\setup\xp\pro\i386"

SetupSourcePath = "\SETUP\XP\Pro\"

anyways, the setupsourcepath is correct & ident files are in proper place, theres nothing else i need 2 edit is there (its been awhile since i made my 1st 1) looked @ flyakites guide & all is well

im just racking my brain lol

any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by MCT

• 1 month later...

I am having the very same problem now with my CDs and DVDs which take on the same form as the MultiBoot DVD guide.

I did do some "housecleaning" of files. But I DO know that the 1KB WINNT and WINNT.SP2 files are important, I did not remove those. What I did remove was the README.HTM and such.

Anyways here is where it gets weird. This does not occur during and install inside VMware. In VMware, it flys through the setup w/o asking for any files. I thought it may be the burning to DVD itself so I burned, and used the actual DVD disc as the VMware boot drive and it still didn't ask for the files. Once I actually booted my real machine from the DVD and tried going through the setup.... it bombed and asked for about 50 files beginning IMMEDIATELY at T-39 min (first moments of GUI mode). The default directory it was expecting to see the files in was X:\I386 instead of X:\SETUP\XP\Professional\ as referenced in SetupSourcePath in txtsetup.sif

any ideas? I've done something because it didn't used to happen. I'm just in a hole now as my machine doesn't have an OS on it, but the D drive has all my files ready to be modified once I figure out whats wrong.

• 3 months later...