DVD Player setup to TV from computer

Grake

So Boxing Day is coming up soon here in Canada, and i'd like to get something.

I would like some sort of DVD player that has normal dvd playing capabilities, with the capability to connect to my computer. So a network cable or some sort goes from my computer to the DVD player, and i'd be able to play the movie from my computer through the DVD to my TV using a remote. Wihtout burning them or anything.

I know this exists but I don't wanna pay a grand or 2 to get it. Something cheap under like $200 maybe.

Let me know please. I believe the xbox 360 does it? But it's too expensive for me right now.

OR

just anything that I can setup to my tv that uses my computer files using the TV audio too. Anything will do. First one is perferred lol.

Thanks

Hey, sorry I couldn't reply sooner :)

Try one of these, they do wonders!!

http://www.mediagate.co.kr/english/prod_mg35.htm

Its a MediaGate

Features:

- Has one 10/100 LAN port

- Supports USB2.0 slave

- 3.5-inch HDD is user-installable

- Supports MP1/2 MP@ML, MP4 ASP@L5, DivX 3.11, 4.x and 5.x, JPEG

- Supports composite, S-video, component video outputs

- Supports Dolby digital, MP1 and MP2 Layers I, II and III (MP3), WMA

- Supports stereo L/R, optical/coaxial digital audio, analog 5.1 channels

- Supports JPEG still picture

- Enables file surfing from multiple sources on TV using a remote controller

Edited by undeadsoldier

****, that's exactly what I was looking for. Maybe not exactly but this one surpassed my expectations lol. And only under $200 seems like a great deal for what it does. Now I just need to find a store to buy one of these.

thanks a lot undead :D

I don't like used things :( I just don't trust those. Maybe i'll buy a new one for boxing day as I can't seem to find the Mediagate anywhere in stores. And im not big on ordering online.

Does anyone know anything about this...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/25ft-PC-to-TV-Audio-Vid...1QQcmdZViewItem

A friend of mine has it, and I borrowed it to hook up my pc to tv, but it won't work. It works fine at his home. Is there anything special I need for this to work? the sound nor the video works :(

I ordered my MediaGate from AusPC Market (http://www.auspcmarket.com.au)

I don't know if they do international orders (if you are from elsewere than Australian that is)

I don't like used things :( I just don't trust those. Maybe i'll buy a new one for boxing day as I can't seem to find the Mediagate anywhere in stores. And im not big on ordering online.

Does anyone know anything about this...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/25ft-PC-to-TV-Audio-Vid...1QQcmdZViewItem

A friend of mine has it, and I borrowed it to hook up my pc to tv, but it won't work. It works fine at his home. Is there anything special I need for this to work? the sound nor the video works :(

Make sure that the video card that you have supports video-in

Nevermind.. I thought you wanted to go from TV to Computer :lol::blushing:

Edited by undeadsoldier

well I found a canadian vendor about 4 provinces away from me and decided to order the mediagate :)

just a few questions. I read the specifications and already know the answer, but ordering from somewhere else where it's a hassel to return i'd like to know for sure.

1. I don't have an S-video input on my tv. I can still connect this right.

2. Does it shows the files that I shared on my computer? Im using a router, and have 3 computers connected. Will it show all the folder that i've shared on those 3 computers?

3. Have you ever felt that the video lagged? LIke sound and video not in sync?

that's all. Please reply before this day ends. It has a $5.99 flat shipping rate for anything under 200 pounds as a christmas deal, and appearently today's the last day lol.

thanks.

1. I don't have an S-video input on my tv. I can still connect this right.

You sure can!, there are composite outputs on the MediaGate :)

2. Does it shows the files that I shared on my computer? Im using a router, and have 3 computers connected. Will it show all the folder that i've shared on those 3 computers?

I'm not sure about this one, you'll have to e-mail the people who created the MediaGate, but I assume it will only work with a direct connection to a computer, thats how I have mine setup, sorry I couldn't help you with that one!

3. Have you ever felt that the video lagged? LIke sound and video not in sync?

Absolutely not! (unless of course you have a video as large as like 2048x1600 then thats a bit of a worry :P:lol:)

I have a 500Gb Hitachi Deskstar in my MediaGate and it works just fine!

:thumbup

ordered it. 1-7 days lol :o

I found a manual, and it says I can connect using a router and it shows different computers. So that's all good. Im not planning to use a hd for now. If there's any lagging i'll get one but as you said i don't plan to watch movies at such high resolution anyways.

can't wait for it to get home :w00t:

thnx for all the answers