slipstream adobe reader 6.0 and flash player

salating

i want to slipstream reader 6.0 with a silent install
Please do a search on the forums; this has been covered a million times. You can use the silent installer by RyanVM and place it in HFSVPK: http://ryanvm.msfn.org/.
also i want to slipstream flash player 8
I've been trying to do this too but it never worked. From the log file:

Error 2103: Could not resolve path for shell folder 26

Acrobat 6? Are you using Win2000 or older? You know Acrobat 7 was a total rewrite and is much faster, this is especially true if you disable the extra plugins and get read of the "Acrobat Launcher" thingy. Although IIRC Acrobat 7 requires XP.

Also, does anybody have the FULL (aka network install aka offline install) install of Flash 8? It seems Macromedia won't give it out without an "agreement", but yet they use to give the Flash 7 offline installer out freely (you just had to look). All I have is this 927k "web installer".

Edited by travisowens

Adobe Acrobat 7 works on Win2K.

I got it to work with Flash 8. Give me another while to test again because I'm not sure whether I used the "public" offline installer or the "licensed" offline installer.

As usual, you can get the public version of the full installer here:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg..._19166#download

Wait till the page has jumped into position for the section "How do I download Macromedia Flash Player?". Then click the link for "Flash Player for Internet Explorer" below the subsection "Windows". This will redirect to the actual file, install_flash_player_active_x.msi (1.57MB).

As usual, you can get the public version of the full installer here:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledg..._19166#download

Thanks for the url, I don't know how I ever missed it. I find it surprising Flash 8 is smaller then 7, but whatever. I also notice they seperate it out into 2 install, IE only and Mozilla based browsers (Netscape, FireFox, Mozilla).
i would use adobe 7 but it causes a problem with a piece of software i use
What software? Provide a url please. Edited by travisowens

Thanks for the url, I don't know how I ever missed it. I find it surprising Flash 8 is smaller then 7, but whatever.
The silent installer I made out of it is 891.5kb... :)

@salating:

If you're familiar with creating silent installers, then get the offline version of Flash 8 and use these switches/parameters to install it:

/qb-! ALLUSERS=1

The tool I'm using to create silent installers is updated to support Flash 8 and to create the silent installer automatically.

Edited by Tomcat76

Sorry gents if I'm talking about something different (Flash 7.0.19.0 is here) but some time ago we discussed how to include Windows ASPI driver into installation. Why not to try including Flash in that manner - through HFEXPERT folder ;)

The only file you need is FLASH.OCX (I'm talking about Flash 7 but I think it should be nearly the same even if there are a few files needed for Flash 8).

Place the file into HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32.

Create FLASH.INF file and place it into HFSVPK:

[Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Filter.Reg

[Filter.Reg]
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup","Flash.ocx",,"%11%\regsvr32 /s %11%\flash.ocx"

You are done :yes:

You should only find out what files are really needed for Flash 8 and if FLASH.INF should be customized a bit according to the new version (maybe added some settings).

And if you want you can create a switchless installer with IEXPRESS.EXE (included in Windows ;)

Edited by Oleg_II

No offense to you, Oleg, but I personally don't like this "mini Flash" nor the CAB install. On quite a few machines, I've witnessed how Flash that was installed through the basic installer got UNINSTALLED when simply CLEARING IE'S CACHE. It's a PITA to install it again every time when the cache is cleared, so I will only use the full installer.