How to send updated IP address to email automatically.

nas8060

I started a computer business almost two years ago from my home. I am 26 and have only been in the computer field for about 3 maybe 4 years. Most of my business revolves around removal of viri and malware, but I also custom build. I have a few clients that are friends of my grandparents and dont know to much about computers other then how to turn it on and start chatting in an IM program. I used to use Remote Desktop to connect at night and update programs and make sure everything is ok. How would I go about getting an email with all updated IPs from these computers so as I dont have to go over there or call and ask them to go to whatismyip.com and read me out their IP? Thank you in advance!!!

Nick~

I started a computer business almost two years ago from my home. I am 26 and have only been in the computer field for about 3 maybe 4 years. Most of my business revolves around removal of viri and malware, but I also custom build. I have a few clients that are friends of my grandparents and dont know to much about computers other then how to turn it on and start chatting in an IM program. I used to use Remote Desktop to connect at night and update programs and make sure everything is ok. How would I go about getting an email with all updated IPs from these computers so as I dont have to go over there or call and ask them to go to whatismyip.com and read me out their IP? Thank you in advance!!!

Nick~

Consider a free account with Dyndns.org you can setup multiple domain names under the one account so you dont need to send emails, just login to grandad.gotdns.com or whatever you choose, use the free client to run on the workstations or setup DDNS in the router

Dyndns.org is a great option. You may also want to look into no-ip.com...

If any of these machines are unix base, you could create a cron job to email you the updated ip.

Edited by epic