WinME Boot Disk freezes

Pantner

Ok, i have put Windows ME boot disk IMA onto my Multi Boot DVD...

when i try and run it in VMWare, i get a

"The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. You will need to power off or reset the virtual machine at this point."

error message...i thought it might just be a weird thing with VMWare, so i burnt it onto a DVD, and the computer just locks up at the same stage...

my thinking is that its a problem with memdisk??

anyone seen this before??

I havent had any problems with memdisk and WinME.... Read Flyakite's tutorial on adding WinME..

you basically would download the boot image from the internet.. I used boot98se.ima, edited autoexec.bat

to run setup, created an image file thru WinImage, naming it ME.ima and edited cdshell.ini to memdisk.

ie.. memdisk /ME.ima

I used boot98se.ima, edited autoexec.bat

to run setup, created an image file thru WinImage, naming it ME.ima and edited cdshell.ini to memdisk.

ie.. memdisk /ME.ima

i rest my case...........

this is a WINDOWS ME Boot disk...not a boot disk to install windows ME...

goto http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WINDOWS ME OEM Bootdisk, and use that with memdisk...it WON'T work....

Whoops....sorry about that. I forgot to mention you had to use an extra switch with memdisk.

you need to specify "raw"

from my isolinux.cfg:

label 8
kernel memdisk
append raw initrd=/utils/images/boot/bootme.zip

Cheers

Whoops....sorry about that. I forgot to mention you had to use an extra switch with memdisk.

you need to specify "raw"

from my isolinux.cfg:

label 8
kernel memdisk
append raw initrd=/utils/images/boot/bootme.zip

Cheers

lol...thx anyway...like i said, got it working with diskemu or something....

I used boot98se.ima, edited autoexec.bat

ie.. memdisk /ME.ima

i rest my case...........

this is a WINDOWS ME Boot disk...not a boot disk to install windows ME...

goto http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm and download the WINDOWS ME OEM Bootdisk, and use that with memdisk...it WON'T work....

Interesting, when you use the 'memdisk' command, like you referred to at the beginning of this

post, the only logical reason is to run a floppy image, not a boot sector of a WindowsME install.

So in response to the way your post was worded and the context, it would be logical to assume

you were referring to a setup disk. Otherwise Diskemu is a better choice to run an image of an

installation. It would be nice if people can appreciate people trying to help out instead of lashing

out like a 3 yr old child