IRC Apps

BAH

For the last 4 years or so ive been a ICQ user but have now got contacts on Windows messanger, so i want the all in one app.

I have seen trillian and it didnt inspire me.

Recomendation's who is using what......?

Regards,

BAH

Guest LouCypher

I use Trillian but there's another program called Odigo that I think does some of the same stuff Trillian does.

http://corp.odigo.com/products/clients/windows.html

The main features of the Odigo Windows Client include:

Sending and receiving instant messages

Contact List Management

Presence Management

Interoperability with AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger

Offline messages

Message history

Searchable user directory

Email Alerts

Wireless Connectivity

Voice Chat

Chat on Page

1 On 1 and Multi-user Chat

Content Channels

Co-Surfing

Official Representatives

Web site real-time Popularity

Note Posting

Homepage and Email integration

[/quote:03d5f388c4]

blah, blah, blah

odigo sux! one cool feature it has is the fact that you can post notes on sites and other odigo and Bt messanger users can see them, but the site owner cant! so... we all get Odigo and go to all the xp sites right and.... lol

i think it sucks because its not realtime like MSN (well almost) and using ICQ/AOLm and the rest is like chatting via SMS, where as MSN and yahoo messangers are like a chat room, even easy and quick to invite people in. Odigo would be good for keeping intouch with your ICQ buddies, but better still make them all get MSN hehe :)

ive not tried trillian.. might give it a go though, drew, you said you used it... but you where pretty suprised by there being a few of us in the same window wasnt you? kind of gives me an idea what trillian will be like....

ive not tried trillian.. might give it a go though, drew, you said you used it... but you where pretty suprised by there being a few of us in the same window wasnt you? kind of gives me an idea what trillian will be like....[/quote:c15a9147b1]

I was surprised becasue i mainly use the AIm funtion with in trillian..becasue Aim f***s with Xp...i only had one friend on MSN so i had never chated with more then one person on msn

:bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

:)

-drew

Guest LouCypher

Whenever you guys see me online I'm on via AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo all at the same time, running Trillian. The process is currently using 8,736KB of memory, is skinned, and doesn't have any ads. I could also be on IRC at the same time, but I don't spend a lot of time chatting real time.