XMPlay - Who else loves this program? :)

DigeratiPrime

Ive known about XMPlay for about a year now, i mainly used it to play chiptunes, until today. I decided to play around with it and i learned that it has plugins and skins. I found it can play NFS and SPC files which are the music files from the the old NES and SNES consoles respectfully! These files are amazingly small but sound great, you can find a ton of them here: http://www.zophar.net/

I also learned that it has some plugins that let you play music stored in zip, rar, even 7zip archives. And that it also accepts many if not all Winamp plugins! I played a FLAC file and the total memory usage was about 2MB. Ive used Foobar, Winamp, etc. This is the best, anyone disagree/agree? Funny how i just never investigated this little programs capabilities. :D

If you havent tried it, do so:

http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html

However I havent been able to get the USF (N64) sound files to play yet.

[EDIT] found what was wrong with playing N64, those cannot be played from within an archive.

Edited by DigeratiPrime

Ever since I discovered you aren't able to edit a MP3-tag for instance with a DirectShow program (Zoom Player, MPC) I've been searching the internet for a very simple program like a WinAMP alternative which didn't need to be installed, and so this lead me to XMPlay. This has been a great backup program for me already quite a while.

I also still have some GBS-files (GameBoy soundtracks) :w00t: which I can play with the NEZplug for WinAMP in XMPlay! :P

Edited by CoRoNe