/S or /s not working anymore?

glent

Im having a problem silently installing some of my software. I use WPI and thought that was the problem since I upgraded to new version not so long back. So i tried install them manually via batch files and using Start>Run and entering the switches in there , but still they arent silently installing anymore

The software that used to install perfectly with no issues:

Bearshare

Opera

Yahoo messenger

all used to install perfectly but now the install dialog pops up and I have to manually install them

My system is running RyanVm 2.01 pack and some Shell extension, Disabled WFP and Uxtheme but i dont see how these could be affetcing it. I hope some can provide me some guidnace here this is annoying the hell out of me :lol:

Edit: Whoups ! I just see the level of you glent, sorry ! you can ignore me ^^

hum, you know each programs/setup/install has their silents switchs ?! the /s or /S isn't universal ...

You can search on the forum for each program doesn't work and you fin easily the solution.

Goodbye.

Edited by sonic

Did you use nLite on this installation? I had that problem during the summer, and I believe it was due to disabling the creation of file names for windows 3.1 compatibility or removing 16-bit support. Possibly even both. The disabling of the shofter file names is a registry tweak, and I'm not sure if nLite itself supports it.