Script Error

Im tired and cant remember the error but a couple of times now ive had a nice little error box asking me if want to continue running sciripts on this page, Im sure you know what error i mean i just cant think right now, you get a small box with a yes or no answer. Invalid script maybe?

Now this wouldnt be a problem except when it does happen WPI freaks out, If i havent lost the programes ive just added( the 1st few times this happened all i had was an empty background) WPI has altered all my catagories (usually dumping everything into "office" or "none" and changed the "configurations" so that every application has whatever i had configuration set to on the app i was just adding (so if it was set to yes for that app then all my apps will be set to yes)

Also this error happens when I am saving what i have created too, right after ive clicked save.

Any ideas?

ok i got to thinking about this, if im missing a reg entry surely the same thing would keep happening again and again right?

where as its only happened a few times so far, and everything else is running smooth as peas.

and while were beating the old dog, How did I miss a reg entry too? I mean how is it possible.....

WPI.cmd runs a reg file that will keep the scripts from timing out. Why this happens is that during long installs windows thinks that the script is causing a time-out and asks if you want to continue. This resets everytime a new install is started so this is only likely to happen on longer installs like office or vmware.

Hi

You 2 r affected by dis

I found a solution which worked for me

What happened:-

when i saved file one error was displayed and then wpi

with messed up categories

what i did:

opened config.js in notepad

made the description line i.e. desc[pn] to single line

saved it and it worked

for example

desc[pn]=['This will delete an account the

.net framework creates during install.']

changed to

desc[pn]=['This will delete an account the .net framework creates during install.']

Yes I'm in right post

there is another post which has the same solution

If u think i'm wrong then try this

open wpi

make a new entry

copy paste some 2 line description or type two line desc.

then click on save

see what happens :D

bye!!!!! :thumbup