No luck...

sIn_maxo

I tryed to build my Multiboot DVD with WinXP SP2, Win2000SP4, Win03 Enterprise, Win98 and WinME but with no luck... :wacko:

I followed all the sections but I've noticed that this guide still uses WinXP SP1..so there are some more new files to mess around with and Im a real neeeewwwwbiieee so I must follow line by line.. :P

Well...when I trie to "Capture ISO image" with MS Virtual PC 04 it says that my ISO created with CD IMAGE its not a valid ISO...so i tried to burn it to a DVD and it says "Could not found NTLDR"... :realmad:

Creating a Boot Menu should be more simple....i cant build one myself..it messes with some basic programming but still I cant do it.

Can flyakite simplify (even more :whistle: ) the process of making a Boot Menu?

It would be really handy to have my own multiboot dvd..

Thks.

i am not sure what you mean by "Capture ISO Image"... but creating the boot menu isnt that hard, you just gotta read it carefully because his is way more in depth than what most people need. Pretty much all you need is something telling them to push a key to boot from the dvd ('boot' section), something giving them OS choices ('boot2' menu), and then something pointing the DVD to the OS they chose (Mainkey)... here is what mine looks like....

boot:

cls

print "\n"

print "Press Enter to boot from MultiOS DVD... \n"

getkey 5 boot 0x80if $lastKey == key[enter]; then goto boot2

boot2:

cls

print "1) Windows 98 SE \n"

print "2) Windows 2000 Pro \n"

print "3) Windows XP Pro (Unattended Setup) \n"

print "4) Windows XP Pro 64-Bit Edition \n"

print "5) Windows Server 2003 Enterprise \n"

print "6) Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 64-Bit Edition \n"

print "7) Hiren's BootCD v7.5 \n"

MainKey:

getkey 20 boot 0x80

if $lastKey == key[1]; then memdisk /98SE.IMA

if $lastKey == key[2]; then chain /2PRO.DAT

if $lastKey == key[3]; then chain /PRO1.DAT

if $lastKey == key[4]; then chain /XP64.DAT

if $lastKey == key[5]; then chain /3ENT.DAT

if $lastKey == key[6]; then chain /SR64.DAT

if $lastKey == key[7]; then memdisk /HREN.IMG

i went back and looked at his guide. i put XP SP2 on mine with no problems. just be sure to follow all of his instructions. you may have misread or skipped a step.... please read this post as another user experienced a similar NTLDR problem and got it fixed... http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=53883

Edited by amd64lover

I tryed to build my Multiboot DVD with WinXP SP2, Win2000SP4, Win03 Enterprise, Win98 and WinME but with no luck... :wacko:

I followed all the sections but I've noticed that this guide still uses WinXP SP1..so there are some more new files to mess around with and Im a real neeeewwwwbiieee so I must follow line by line.. :P

Well...when I trie to "Capture ISO image" with MS Virtual PC 04 it says that my ISO created with CD IMAGE its not a valid ISO...so i tried to burn it to a DVD and it says "Could not found NTLDR"... :realmad:

Creating a Boot Menu should be more simple....i cant build one myself..it messes with some basic programming but still I cant do it.

Can flyakite simplify (even more :whistle: ) the process of making a Boot Menu?

It would be really handy to have my own multiboot dvd..

Thks.

You don't have to do anything differently for SP2 (well, i didn't)

and i just downloaded HIS cdshell.ini file instead of creating my own...it works fine if you follow his instructions and have the same directory structure

and WHEN exactly does it come up with teh NTLDR error??? when you boot off the CD/DVD or when you try to run windows...

and have you done all the OSes at the one time??? like he said in his walkthrough...its better to do one OS, then test it, when it 100% works, move onto the next one...

Edited by Pantner