Two new 'Windows Updates'.

Found that Windows Update shows two new updates for my maching

Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package: x86 (KB909520)

and

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)

Where can I download these to include on my ua media? And how are they installed?

Ok, wow another EXTREMLY annoying feature by MS.

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474) is a tray icon that tells you wether you run a genuine XP key or not. Annoying use of resources and looks ugly! Is there any way to fool WU/MU to think you have it installed, so it don't show up on critical updates?

I really hate this little trayicon thingy!

@druiddk: Thank's for the link.

For KB905474, this is a cricital update. My machine is set to automaticly download and install critical updates, but this one I would like to exclude, is that possible? (Maybe there's a way to set it to be hidden in WindowsUpdate.log or similar?)

Edited by BoardBabe

Lol, are you saying im lying?

Uh... why would I do that?

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474) is real and available at Microsoft and Windows Update for Norwegian Windows XP. It's a small tool that checks to see if you running a valid windows key and shows as a tray icon and a HUGE notification on logon/logoff screen with systemhalting dialog informing you IF you run a invalid XP key. This thing is ALL over the place telling you its a pirated version IF you have a pirated XP, that ofcourse I don't :D

As far as I have found there is no way to uninstall after you have installed this update.

Here's a picture of the update appearing on Microsoft Update from today for you who dubt me :P

-Notice it appears under Critical Updates ("Høyt Prioriterte oppdateringer" in Norwegian)

KB905474

Edited by BoardBabe

Lol, are you saying im lying?

Uh... why would I do that?

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474) is real and available at Microsoft and Windows Update for Norwegian Windows XP. It's a small tool that checks to see if you running a valid windows key and shows as a tray icon and a HUGE notification on logon/logoff screen with systemhalting dialog informing you IF you run a invalid XP key. This thing is ALL over the place telling you its a pirated version IF you have a pirated XP, that ofcourse I don't :D

As far as I have found there is no way to uninstall after you have installed this update.

Here's a picture of the update appearing on Microsoft Update from today for you who dubt me :P

-Notice it appears under Critical Updates ("Høyt Prioriterte oppdateringer" in Norwegian)

KB905474

Please can you give me a link? :hello: for kb905474

@Mercury_22:

At the link in the details window I am just redirected to the information page about WGA. So it seems there are no page for it yet.

Back to original topic, anyway to hide this update? So my windows don't auto download and install it..