winxp setup

mmatteson

i fixed the swap problem with the xp install over a mapped drive. for some reason the existing disk couldn't be NTFS, needed to format to FAT. anyways now i have another problem. i go to setup, hit enter to where the install files are and then it says "setup is out of memory and cannot continue" any ideas? i have devicehigh=himem.sys on my boot disk. weird. can anyone give me a fix?

brandnew gateway 600 xl laptop. if gateway ripped me off with old parts.... LOL (they didn't) setup files are fine, i've used the copy command, xcopy command, installed via vmware so i know the files are fine. mr. gates is taking great joy in ruining my day...probably woke up with nothing better to do then think "hey lets ruin mmatteson's day" LOL....suggestions?

brandnew gateway 600 xl laptop. if gateway ripped me off with old parts.... LOL (they didn't) setup files are fine, i've used the copy command, xcopy command, installed via vmware so i know the files are fine. mr. gates is taking great joy in ruining my day...probably woke up with nothing better to do then think "hey lets ruin mmatteson's day" LOL....suggestions?

i just looked up the specs and the gateway 600 xl laptop come standard with

Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional.

what are you trying to do. do you get the error as soon as you hit enter or does it start copying the files first? how much empty space is on the mapped drive?

sounds like all you want to do is bash MS. if you hate it so bad why not use something else?