Super Windows XP SP1 CD :-)

Extract the Catalyst 3.6 drivers to a folder, something like this:

C:\XPCD\$oem$\$1\Drivers\ATI\Catalyst3_6\

Open up Winnt.sif and add these two lines under the [unattended] section:

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ATI\Catalyst3_6\2KXP_INF"

As you can see, the last folder in its path "2KXP_INF" is where the INF files are stored that are required to install the driver. You need to do this for every driver you plan to install. Seperate other folder paths with a semi-colon (:) e.g:

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\ATI\Catalyst3_6\2KXP_INF;Drivers\Realtek\NIC;Drivers\VIA4in1\"

--------------

ATI's control panel's setup uses Installshield so you need to create an ISS file. Create it by using:

Setup.exe -R

(You will need to extract the Control Panel Setup package to a folder first)

You will have normal setup screens, but make your decisions carefully, ensuring you don't choose to reboot. All your actions get recorded to the ISS file placed in C:\Windows\ or C:\WINNT. Take out the setup.iss file in there and place it in the same folder with your ATI Control Panel setup files.

Now to install them silently, use:

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\ATI_CP_3_6\Setup.exe -s -f1"%systemdrive%\install\Applications\ATI_CP_3_6\setup.iss"

notice the -f1 switch that tells it to use the setup.iss file that you created?

I've uploaded my own setup.iss for the ATI Control Panel drivers to save you the work, but I'm unsure how this would work for other people's systems, i.e. installing windows on a drive other than C:\. Here's the file

Hey ArronXP, do you have any idea how i can achieve a silent install of the Nvidia 44.03 graphics display driver. I have been looking for two days but to no avail..

Sunil..

You won't need to silently install them when using the method in my last post. The way it works is when Seup does the Installing Drivers part, if it find better drivers in the folder specified in the winnt.sif file it will use those instead of the drivers bundled with Windows XP.

I haven't used nVidia drivers before, but see if the drivers you downloaded can be extracted. If you see a folder containing the INF file(s) then place that path into the winnt.sif file. Good luck! :)

ArronXp, i have tried the method you have used for your catalyst drivers but it does not seem to work..

set NVIDIA=.\nvidia
start /wait %NVIDIA%\Setup.exe -s -f1"%NVIDIA%\setup.iss"

Please check that out and see if i have done anything wrong..

Sunil

Does nvidia's setup use Installshield? Did you create a iss file beforehand?

btw, its only the ATI Control Panel that's installed like that, they're not drivers though. Silent installs of drivers are probably tricky to do.

I will download the nvidia drivers and see what I can find.

Does nvidia's setup use Installshield? Did you create a iss file beforehand?

btw, its only the ATI Control Panel that's installed like that, they're not drivers though. Silent installs of drivers are probably tricky to do.

I will download the nvidia drivers and see what I can find.

The drivers used by NVIDIA are using the installshied install engine ver 6, thanks for the help with the winnt.sif part i will try that, although there is one thing I would to know the drivers, are they placed in $1 folder in the $oem$ folder or another folder and then the winnt script tells the install to use these drivers?

Sunil

Has to be a folder inside $1, call it anything you like, Drivers, MyDrivers etc. Make sure winnt.sif knows the path to the folder name you've choosen, for example:

OemPnPDriversPath="MyDrivers\NVIDIA\blahblah"

Has to be a folder inside $1, call it anything you like, Drivers, MyDrivers etc. Make sure winnt.sif knows the path to the folder name you've choosen, for example:

Ok, i did it right then.

I placed the drivers in the $OEM$ folder under $1 and pointed the OemPnPDriversPath to nvidia\nv4_dsp.inf.

Sunil

Ok, i did it right then.

I placed the drivers in the $OEM$ folder under $1 and pointed the OemPnPDriversPath to nvidia\nv4_dsp.inf.

Sunil

Don't make the path directly to the INF file, just the folder where the inf file is contained.

That would be

OemPnPDriversPath="nvidia" instead.

Make sure all the folder and files for the required graphics drivers are in there as well!

Don't make the path directly to the INF file, just the folder where the inf file is contained.

That would be

OemPnPDriversPath="nvidia" instead.

Make sure all the folder and files for the required graphics drivers are in there as well!

Ok, thanks will do, im gonna test it now and will get back to you on performance and any probs encountered...

Sunil..