Whats the difference

daz98

between:

Seagate Barracuda 160GB, SATA, NCQ, 7200RPM, 8.5MS, 8mb cache, 5YR WRTY

and

Western Digital WD1600JS 160GB 7200rpm, 8mb cache, SATAII Hard Drive

it seems to me by only $3

Wats the difference only sata 2 and sata 1 but the speed is the same???

ok im getting

cpu - 3600+ ahtlon 64

graphics card - im gettiong a gtx512 7800

Hard disk - yet to be decieded

Motherboard - ill tell u when my uncle gives me it (i know it can take the sata connection)

cd Drive - Cd-rw/dvd drive

well at the moment i just need the hard drive cause its for work and i 'lll up date everything in about 6 months when i quit lol.... I aam thinking of getting a 100 gb - 200gb and it says sata or sata 2 and i dont no what the difference is.. Because it is only like $3 in price...

Thanxs

well at the moment i just need the hard drive cause its for work and i 'lll up date everything in about 6 months when i quit lol.... I aam thinking of getting a 100 gb - 200gb and it says sata or sata 2 and i dont no what the difference is.. Because it is only like $3 in price...

Thanxs

The SATA or SATA I interface transfers data ~150MB/s and SATA II at ~300MB/s. Dont let this spec fool you though, because it is just the interface. There is no hard drive yet available that can choke a SATA I interface, so on the drives themselves SATA I/II doesnt really matter yet. If you are getting a new motherboard, I would strongly recommend you get one with SATA II so you can upgrade to faster drives down the road.