Windows2003 Audio issue

I just loaded Windows 2003 on my Home Server/Media center. I loaded up all the divx codec to play movies, the visual is fine, but all i get out of the speakers is this high pitch hum...any ideas?

Its and Abit Be6-2 with a PIII 866 512 mushkin pc150, 40gig WD 7200 Windows2003 stand

=Drew

I think Tha_Filer said something about issues with movies and sound on W2K3Server. I know WinME had similar problems with Win Media Player for a short time. Earlier this afternoon a friend of mine tried a movie with the Server Editon and had the same problem. He is using a SB Live 5.1. Oddly enough he does not experience the wine with audio CDs.

Maybe this will help a little. We replaced the OEM SB Live 5.1 with a Retail model and solved the problem today. Just for kicks I pulled the Retail model and shoved the OEM back in. Win2K3Server went through a hardware update and it works. No wine! Go figure?

What do you expect? Its not like a company will have the most expensive and resource consuming sound cards in their server. I know most companies I've worked for have the standard build in ATI Rage 8mb video card in their server, and nothing else related to multimedia.

actually.. u should approach mickeysoft on this.. as they got the "supposed" approved drivers :) so ask them for your soundcard driver.. they should tell u whether they can or not