DivX 6.0.3 1.0.0.122 Help please!

Mercury_22

I just like to avoid AutoIt wherever possible (nothing personal, I just *think* that the keypresses in the installers are more consistent between version changes, and they are so easy to do with a little and clear-to-read wsh-script...), and besides that, someone asked for a non-AutoIt possibility :)

Greetings,

C.RAZY

Some here just want a one line with /S without any windows shown at all. Good luck to them :whistle: as I am glad to use other methods.

I do not understand what is so clearer about a Wsh script ? Atleast say it is more native to the OS and then I may believe you some more. Wsh scripts are fine to me for some things, but looking at those Sleeps to control the flow looks so blind and unreliable. Seriously, 18.5 seconds before a (blind) Send ? If I did that with Sleeps and Sends in AutoIt, then I would perhaps not even bother with using it. Amongst the AutoIt standard install is a Dll called AutoItX3.dll. This Dll can help assist other languages. An 85 Kb Dll to make Wsh into a reliable install automator is a good investment IMHO.

Example VBS with AutoItX3

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")

oAutoIt.Run "DivXCreate.exe"

oAutoIt.WinWait "Language selection", "Please select the language"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "Language selection", "Please select the language", "Button1"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "Welcome"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Welcome", "Button2"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "License Agreement"
oAutoIt.ControlCommand "DivX Create Bundle", "License Agreement", "Button4", "Check", ""
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "License Agreement", "Button2"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "Choose Components"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Choose Components", "Button2"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "Selecting an installation folder"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Selecting an installation folder", "Button2"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "Free! Google Toolbar"
oAutoIt.ControlCommand "DivX Create Bundle", "Free! Google Toolbar", "Button4", "UnCheck", ""
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Free! Google Toolbar", "Button2"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "Free! Google Desktop"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Free! Google Desktop", "Button5"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Free! Google Desktop", "Button2"

oAutoIt.WinWait "DivX Create Bundle", "Installation Complete"
oAutoIt.ControlClick "DivX Create Bundle", "Installation Complete", "Button2"

Set oAutoIt = Nothing

It will reliably wait for each window and clicks the buttons and checkboxes directly without any need to be active. :)

@BoardBabe

Easy to take out the working directory which is the shortcut directory. ;)

; Remove shortcuts.
If _MainShortcut('DivX Codec\Decoder Configuration Utility.lnk') Then
DirRemove(@WorkingDir, 1); <---- remove shortcut directory
_Desktop('DivX Converter.lnk')
_Desktop('DivX Movies.lnk')
_Desktop('DivX Player.lnk')
EndIf

The _MainShortcut() function changes the working directory as does the _Desktop() and the _QuickLaunch() functions also.

• 1 month later...
WELL WHAT UP GUYS

THE SWITCH IS SIMPLE AND EASY IT IS /S

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO TO FIND DIVX PLAYER WITHOUT GOOGLE SEARCH TOOLBAR

Can you post a link? :w00t:

Thanks!

PS LAST VERSION IT'S 6.1.1.0.0.154 released on Friday, February 17, 2006, 04:44:59!!!!! :huh: for DivXBundle.exe and Wednesday, February 01, 2006, 23:55:00 for DivXPlay.exe

Edited by Mercury_22

i dont have divx in my ua dvd because i only use xvid (even for encoding video), but i have a suggestion. maybe you shloud try to grab the activex filters that divx uses and just use command line switches to register them unattended. this way works with a few codecs i had to use before. i only registered the .ax files. maybe this doesnt work for divx but give it a try.

i dont have divx in my ua dvd because i only use xvid (even for encoding video), but i have a suggestion. maybe you shloud try to grab the activex filters that divx uses and just use command line switches to register them unattended. this way works with a few codecs i had to use before. i only registered the .ax files. maybe this doesnt work for divx but give it a try.

Great idea! Why I've never thought of it before? :}:blushing:

PS Any idea of the name and location of the filters? :)

What's it with those .ax files thingy ? As the only thing I need is DivX-playback (I want the latest codec ;))

Or is there else a good alternative for DivX with the same (or better ?) quality ?

The latest one out now is DivX Play 6.1.1 1.0.0.161 (this is what I have)

thx!

jeroen.

@jeroeneke the .ax are filters tha can do many things. codecs use them as well as other programs. for divx playback install divx playback bundle and look for divxdec.ax (dont remeber exactly as i dont use divx) and copy to system32 and use a cmd file to register them so you can use it as playback filter.

an advise, if you only want playback functionality, use ffdshow or other decoders that are free and can decode almost anything.

@mercury_22

for decoding im not sure, but maybe you can try grabbing all filters installed by divx along with the folder inside program files. maybe this helps. also look in the registry for entries that have to do with divx.

i personally prefer xvid wich can encode/decode avi files with same quality that divx and its free. also install silently well.

@jeroeneke the .ax are filters tha can do many things. codecs use them as well as other programs. for divx playback install divx playback bundle and look for divxdec.ax (dont remeber exactly as i dont use divx) and copy to system32 and use a cmd file to register them so you can use it as playback filter.

an advise, if you only want playback functionality, use ffdshow or other decoders that are free and can decode almost anything.

@mercury_22

for decoding im not sure, but maybe you can try grabbing all filters installed by divx along with the folder inside program files. maybe this helps. also look in the registry for entries that have to do with divx.

i personally prefer xvid wich can encode/decode avi files with same quality that divx and its free. also install silently well.

DivX Play Bundle It's FREE :whistle:

Thanks but i've solve the problem with InstallRite I've build a silent installer and it works perfect! :thumbup

DivX Play Bundle It's FREE

i know its free but i really prefer to install small files and the playbundle is around 12 mb, wich makes me go the other way around.

glad you had your setup working with your custom setup. never thought of making an snapshot to see what is chaned during install, but i dont need divx, so i will keep xvid and my other decoders.

I just added it attended in my setup, first time my account loads I have to install DivX ;) it isn't that hard :)

I tried ffdshow and I was getting some "slow" video processing, so that didn't do it for me (tried different settings)

thx anyway

hopefully they bring out a "silence-able" installer in one of their next versions ;)

The DivX problem wasn't that bad for me (that it asks some stuff) but I need to create this for my school (this is a part of my end-task) and everything should be silently!

So can somebody explain me what to do to register that .ax-files ? I've never heard of them, and I certainly don't know how to register, and which files to register!

The only thing I need to have installed is the DivX codec from the DivX Play Bundle setup ;)

also, if I only register those .ax-files, whil I still have the tray-icon if I play a DivX movie ? (I would like to have it, as you can easily adjust the contrast and brightness and stuff ;))

thanks in advance!

jeroen.

let me know if my post isn't obvious enough, I hadn't got much time at the moment ;)