SPAM lists

gamehead200

I just got an idea that can reduce spam e-mails in our e-mail...First, everyone has to post a list of addresses that you have blocked because they belong to spammers...

I will only post my list after someone has responded to this thread...

I still think that people who don't have that prog. should share their spam lists...

The DNSBL lists don't belong to SpamPal (or maintained by them), they're available to use for anybody.

w00t

I have blocked so many individual sites over the years that I have now begun to block email based on regional netspace. This will differ with your specific area because spammers tend to spam out of their specific netspace. As if the don't want to dirty the water they swim in. Earthlink spammers don't usually spam Earthlink addresses, etc. etc. Personally I block all of 200.x.x.x, 201.x.x.x, 202.x.x.x, 203.x.x.x, 210.x.x.x, 211.x.x.x plus many ranges in other netblocks that prove to be spam friendly.

It's not perfect but it kills 80% of my spam.

Anyone that wants to use my list of spammers, feel free to download this text file...

I update this file everyday, so I might post a different one...

here's a tip, instead of using:

server1@mail02.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail02a.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail03.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail04.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail05.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail06.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail07.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail08.emailcourrier.com

server1@mail09.emailcourrier.com

Use:

*emailcourrier.com

it will block all spam from that domain :)

yeh but aaron.. some spammers use a false address.. i had about 30 emails from place and checked the header and it said it was from yahoo.com address.. but even blocking that still not stop them :)

There is absolutely no point to block individual e-mails, i could easily get sendmail to send an e-mail from whopever@whatereveriwant.com. Thats a problems with SMTP protocol allowing you to spoof e-mail addresses very easily.