probs when browsing this site since changed outlay

trickytwista

hi guys..unsure whats causing this...about a month ago or so i noticed outlay of this website changed alittle...ever since the change around when ever i go to browse topics theres a massive delay for the page to load (it also uses 100% cpu at the time) this only happens on this website so i no clue why and it only happens since the layout or whatever changed...also when i get fed up of waiting because of the delay if i goto close this website i get my a** kicked by about 60 website popups (this is when i goto task manager and force crappy Internet explorer to close.........any one else having same prob since the update or whatever it was?????? hope this makes sense to someone.....and no comments about "get rid of IE" allowed.........lol.......thanks guys oh ps.s o dont get the delay when actually goto msfn main page ..only when goto browse topics or latest posts.......cheers....... just been watching and when delay is happening i see on bottom left above start button that it says "c:\windows\system32\schlc...\dnserror.htm...... whatever that means...hope this helps

Edited by trickytwista

even though you said "no comments about "get rid of IE" allowed.........lol" I have to say from a diagnostic point of view, to install mozilla firefox or Opera, and check the forums from the alternative browser. this will allow us to get an understanding if its a spyware problem, DNS Cache problem, or temporary internet files/Internet explorer settings problem.

• 1 month later...

ok i found the problem, i did a format and came back to msfn site and there was no long delay when accessing forums.... however as i do alot of selling on ebay i use the ebay toolbar...so i installed it and since installing it whenever i visit msfn forums i get that long delay again... as a test i uninstalled ebay toolbar and this site was ok again with no delays at all.... strange, any idea why the toolbar would cause this? its only this website that i actually get the problems with so i cant understand why......thanks guys