MS Dos on Multiboot

jenanay

I am having problems getting ms-dos to work on my multiboot dvd. I followed flyakites instructions, made the image from the floppy, and when I select it from the menu it starts to load but says starting....

and then never goes any further. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I attached a screenshot.

Jen

post-77018-1131725987_thumb.jpg

I have zero experience with Virtual PC but a lot of it on multiple boot especially dealing with DOS. Have you tried booting the dos image directly? I have practically never had any problems with it. If I need to boot into dos & do something I do it directly, never use memdisk for it. At present I am pressed for time for further experimenting but in the past I have used couple of different methods to install xp as well as 2k from win98 dos boot using winnt32 and norton ghost. Now that 4dos version 7.5 has been made free you can do some really fancy stuff with it from dos boot.

• 2 months later...

try using BCDW2 module instead of memdisk. I prefer to use BCDW2 instead of CDShell / BootScriptor, but sometimes CDShell is useful, but I don't use memdisk, I prefer BCDW2 module (you have to download BCDW2, inside the zip you'll find a module for use with CDShell).

I am having problems getting ms-dos to work on my multiboot dvd. I followed flyakites instructions, made the image from the floppy, and when I select it from the menu it starts to load but says starting....

and then never goes any further. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I attached a screenshot.

Jen

Are you trying to create a boot image to install Windows 98 or ME? I know in Flyakite's tutorial,

it didnt mention any editing that you had to do to the images to get the CD-ROM drivers to work.