Problem with WinXp 64-bit & slim nlite version

shormanm

I get this error after customizing my winxp 64-bit version with nlite.

Sub-component Distributed Transaction Coordinator raised an exception while processing the OC_COMPLETE_INSTALLATION setup message.

d:\srvrtm\com\complus\dtc\ntdtcsetup\src\csetuputil.cpp (line 2759)

Error Code = 0x80004005

Unspecified error

Failed to execute function 'DllRegisterServer()' in 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\mtxoci.dll'.

I get this error when I try to add/remove windows components in the control panel.

Any clue?

• 1 year later...

Jtbalogh, I think nuhi meant that shormanm should attach his NLite session.ini to his forum message, so that nuhi could examine the settings to see if there was any obvious cause for the problem. It wasn't a method for fixing the issue itself.

I may be wrong, but that's my understanding of the comment.

Jtbalogh, I think nuhi meant that shormanm should attach his NLite session.ini to his forum message, so that nuhi could examine the settings to see if there was any obvious cause for the problem. It wasn't a method for fixing the issue itself.

I may be wrong, but that's my understanding of the comment.

You are right, he wants to see the last session.ini, which is located in C:\Program Files\nlite\presets

Note that last folder name.. Presets.. Thats why he said it like he did.

:wacko:

Oh, thank goodness. I thought it was me. I thought I had finally gone over "the edge."

I'm having problems with nlite 1.3 beta & XP Pro x64.

I like the new features. The more the better. The downside is the build is missing a massive amount of files. All kinds of weird stuff. The worst part is the regservr piece is missing, so nothing can be registered, thus causing the entire installation to be useless.

I've tried more driver & add-on packs, and less driver & add-on packs. I can supply an nLite .ini if it'll help. I don't want to try a build with *NO* driver add-ons because that's the driving issue for using nLite. Don't get me wrong, I *LOVE* the ability to tweak the crud out of XP, & I hate certain components, like that d*mn language bar, so nLite helps with more than just driver integration (which admittedly I could do manually if I really had to). I've used nLite before with ZERO problems (XP Pro, non-x64 version), so if there's any info I can proved whomever, I'd be happy.

I'm going to try another build shortly to validate I've lost my mind or not.

P.S. Oh, I almost forgot. I'm getting a new error tonight, an "inpage error," whatever that is, gets issued out of nLite when it's trying to copy files off the CD and then the copy fails, which of course messes up actually trying to proceed. I'm gonna reboot to see if that clears it. I mean, it's Microsoft, you never can quite tell what its doing, what it wants, why, when, or how the darn security works!

Thanks for any help.!

that's funny, i just installed XP 64 bit also using the latest nlite. the only wierdness i have seen so far is that IE7 will not do live search. it closes the browser completely as soon as you type 3 letters or numbers whatever the case may be. i can not also get to the options from within the browser but can from the IE shortcut on my desktop. other than that i am not noticing anything else. of course this is my first time running 64 bit so may know what is missing :unsure: