Pentium M Socket confusion

rikgale

Hi

I'm looking at building a Pentium M system using the Asus CT-479 adapter. However I am confused as there seems to be two socket types for the Pentium M. Sofar on my travels I've come across the 478 pin PPGA FC-PGA2 and Micro FCPGA 479.

I'm totally confused as most of the sites that I am looking on for buying a Pentium M, inc. ebay list nearly all the Pentium M's as for socket 478, when I was **** sure that all P-M's were socket 479. The CT-479, is a Micro FCPGA 479 type socket.

I'm quite throughly confused and the more I search the more confused I get.

Can someone please explain/help all this different socket thing to me?

Will a PPGA FC-PGA2 fit in a Micro FCPGA?

Are there any CT-479 users out there?

Intel Pentium-M's are amongst the best processors there are out there. I haven't heard of a single driver issue with the P-M capable chipsets, not to mention that the performance/power ratio is far better than anything else out there.

Intel Pentium-M's are amongst the best processors there are out there. I haven't heard of a single driver issue with the P-M capable chipsets, not to mention that the performance/power ratio is far better than anything else out there.

Amen!

As for the socket confusion, I've noticed the same thing, too. Some vendors have both 478 AND 479 pin Pentium M's. It's really confusing...

I've noticed the same thing, too. Some vendors have both 478 AND 479 pin Pentium M's. It's really confusing...

I'm glad its not just me. A search on Kellco produces loads of vendors so of which state the 730 has 478 pins and other that have it with 479 pins. Argh!!!!

Now that is my confusion...