windowsmedia10-kb902344-x86-intl.exe Not Insalling

Corpseslayer

Win XP Pro.

Please help! My totally patched cd is ready just in time for MS to add more band aids to the worst secure operating system they have ever realeased........

*mumbles about the good old days with win 2k trundling along fine without 9 million patches to install and looking like a kid drew it in pizza hut wiv their kiddie meal crayons*

Yep, WMP10 is installed

In a fresh install windows update asks for kb891122 first then on second run it asks for kb902344 ???

u always thought kb891122 was'nt required wuth WMP10 ???

And the only kb891122 i can find is 6 months old and it wont install either.

So god knows what is going on with these uodates !

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, if you would like to negate both of the hotfixes (KB891122 and KB902344), you have to update the Windows Media Format 9.5 Runtime. To get the version that fixes both updates, you need to download KB900325. It was a huge rollout for Media Center and it contained a file called wmfdist95.exe. Wmfdist95.exe updates Media Player and no longer requires you to download KB891122 or KB902344 (even on the Windows Update website). Extract all the contents of KB900325 and remove the file wmfdist95.exe. To get it to install silently, you have to repackage it using iexpress and use the command:

"wmsetsdk.exe" /DisallowSystemRestore /WMFDIST /Quiet /R:N"

Then place it in your SVCPack folder and SVCPack.inf file.

Download KB900325: Here

• 4 weeks later...

I was having issues as well where KB902344 wouldn't install so instead I moved it to silently be applied on my start.cmd file and it works fine that way.

Below is what is put in my start.cmd file and works like a charm.

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\System\KB902344.exe /q