Some Temp XP SP1 Folder?

ThA_FiLeR

I have this folder on my F:\ drive that is named "ec6da31f6" and it contains folders:

common

sp1

sp2

I cannot delete any of these maps nor acces them, I tried by going to it through my computer and all that, and with Windows Commander it also won't delete. Any suggestions?

It gives me this error:

post-2-1050622099_thumb.jpg

Go into safe mode, place those folders elsewhere for now, and go back into normal mode for a couple of days.

If nothing's wrong, then those folders should be safe to delete :)

lol, went in safe mode and still cant delete it there. Only rename/move the main folder "ec6da31f6", but still cant delete the folders inside it.. I am thinking that those are folders protected by windows or something, isn't there someway to disable that?

Thanks for your suggestions..

Those are your service pack installs and can be removed in the control panel, add/remove, I think. Later, you might have problems you know. You can boot with a boot disk (see the guides section) and delete anything. Just make sure you have copies of them like Aaron said.

BTW, can you make the picture a little smaller please.

In the past few weeks, i have noticed this problem while doing some tech work at my job....as it seems there is a nasty virus that will creat a folder on your Hd that can be hidden somtimes and is inacessable and non movable. Some how this virus creates a small partition on your main drive that usally is called "-" or somthing of that nature, in it contains a virus that can damage your system and disable NAV as well as Optical devises, the random folder on your HD contains instructions to access the small partition. Im not positive if this is your problem, but i have seen about 3 of these in the past two weeks. I reccomend loading up a xp pro disk and looking at the availiable partitions to install to. If the random and very small partition is there, u know what your infor, good luck

:)

=Drew

35K! Oh please....

Drew, this might be the problem, this is a pretty fresh install and I haven't installed a virus scanner, so I will now... Gonna try it, thanx..

I installed NAV, it didnt detect any viruses, then went and boot into the XP installation cd, and didn't see any special drives.. so then I put a backup in that is a basic installation of XP with nothing but my video card driver... and still can't delete the folder... I can't acces it neither.. Now, I was thinking of formatting it but the HD is 70gigs and only has 6gigs free so im using bout 64GIG which I can only backup on my network and that'll take ages..Oh, and I also check out the guides section and cant find a Free NTFS boot disk, so I can't delete it through DOS...

Any suggestions?

35K! Oh please....

I am refering to the width as it causes some monitors to scroll sideways. You might have 17 inch or larger monitor and would not notice it.