[WPI] how to copy, also how to enable the avatar

i am trying to write a copy command in WPI but when i am loading WPI.hta i get a error. I know this line is the problem because when i remove the lines the error disappears too....

cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Install\\winrar\\WinRAR351NL.exe /s']
cmd2[pn]=['COPY %CDROM%\\Install\\winrar\\rarreg.key C:\Progra~1\winrar\']

also when mouse hoover over a name, the description works well but the avatars dont show, why not?

also the variable %Progs% dont work? Which variables are possible in WPI?

come on people, help me further, i went into circles.

As for the fist problem just make a rar SFX file with the key in it and set to extract to the desired location.

Also winrar can be repackaged using winrar with the key in it.

ok that is a solution, but dont WPI accept COPY commands as if a batch do? i Prefer a copy command because if winrar have a new version i can simply replace the winrar.exe. (and not alone winrar, kaspersky AV and other programs too...) With your solution i have to SFX everything again and again...

I have never heard of the variable "%progs%"

As for the other please post your config file for me to see.

i was wrong, it was $Progs, and i was sure it works under windows in CMD, but it isnt. i was sure it works, dont know why...

WPI, does accept the copy command, even the xcopy command, as i use this in mine.

I don't have the exact command here, will post when i get home and remember.

I do notice you have no switches which might be an issue.

Change this line:

to this:

cmd2[pn]=['FILECOPY %CDROM%\\Install\\winrar\\rarreg.key %ProgramFiles%\\winrar\\']

(remember the double slashes if you're editing your config.js manually)

Change this line:

to this:

cmd2[pn]=['FILECOPY %CDROM%\\Install\\winrar\\rarreg.key %ProgramFiles%\\winrar\\']

(remember the double slashes if you're editing your config.js manually)

thank you very much :thumbup , the error is gone.

Do this copy 1 file? what if i want to copy 2 files? (i am curious and want to know it before i need this information)

Edited by SolidasRock

For 2 files I woud just use two entries.

i change my question to be more clear, is there a copy command for more than 1 file? where i can find information about all commands or variables WPI can handle?

What files have you modified? The display pics work for everyone else you are the only one that has gotten errors with it. All you enter in the graphics line is = blah.png that is it nothing else. I use both jpg and png formats for my images.

i dont got any errors with the pics. they are simple not show up when hoovered (only the bottomline will show). and i am sure the problem is belongs to me. but i only want to know what my fault is.

edit: i have found it, i use the whole path to the pic, no need for that, only write the filename and you are gone.

LOL hahahahahaha RTFM!!

Quote from the included manual:

For the text and description just enter all of the text you wish to be shown in the description box.

For the desired picture place the desired image into the graphics folder at the root of WPI and simply add the file name

(Like this = blah.jpg). Many pre-set image sizes for both the height and width are pre programmed in to the configuration section for your use. Also you can choose where the text is to be displayed with the image i.e. To the left, right, top or bottom.

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

I hope this helps:

to copy, rename etc ... you can use the regular dos commands, but you have to put a "cmd /c " in front of them.

For example:

cmd1[pn]=['cmd /c COPY %CDROM%\\Install\\winrar\\rarreg.key %programfiles%winrar\']

Notice that there is no "\" between %programfiles% and winrar folder.