enable system restore only C

start->settings->contorl panel->system->system restore

select the drive for which you want to disable system restore from the list and select settings. Chose disable system restore for this device. Repeat this step for every drive you want to disable system restore for.

Since this was placed in an 'unattended' forum, i'd have to assume

the original poster wants an unattended solution.

I dont have the solution, but am also interested.

[bump]

Yes, thank you Shark007, someone with some common sense. It is of course a request for an unattended solution.

@cluberti - combining the thread topic with the forum it is posted in is your friend....

I guess the people are just to lazy to open the link that cluberti has provided. It has all the information needed to do what was requested. What do you expect someone to take there time and write it for you. Maybe if you took the time to read this and then took the time to learn how to script then it would work the way you would like it to, VBS scripts can be run in a UA install.

I guess the people are just to lazy to open the link that cluberti has provided.
No, your assumption i am lazy is incorrect.
It has all the information needed to do what was requested.

Sorry, i read the page, but didnt understand what i read because i know nothing of vbscript.

What do you expect someone to take there time and write it for you.
Yes, if its that easy to do. And by your remarks, i'd have to assume this is easy.

I have attempted several times to create a vbscript to turn off restore on D, E, and F drives.

I havent been successful.

Maybe if you took the time to read this and then took the time to learn how to script then it would work the way you would like it to

Thank you for your help.

shark

There are no ways to enable or disable system restore in the registry, only modify running settings (cache size, age of restore points, etc). Therefore, you must either learn VBScript to make these scripts, or, use something like AutoIT to script mouse clicks and keyboard presses and run it as a batch. There really isn't any other way to do what you're asking.

You can also do it threw the winnt.sif but this is for all drives and or partitions

This is what I use it in my UA Cd and I can confirm it works on my computer.

This is set at 4 percent of disk or partition space.

[systemRestore]CheckpointCalendarFrequency = 2

CheckpointSessionFrequency = 12

MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk=4

Basic Meaning of the settings

CheckpointCalendarFrequency Specifies the calendar frequency with which Setup creates automatic system checkpoints or restore points.

CheckpointSessionFrequency Specifies the session length frequency after which Setup creates an automatic system checkpoint or restore point.

MaximumDataStorePercentOfDisk Specifies the maximum percentage of the hard disk to use for the System Restore datastore.

RestorePointLife Specifies the maximum age of a restore point before Setup automatically purges it from the datastore.

Here is a basic script that may work I have not had time to test it as I am busy testing Vista.

It ran on Vista with no errors, but you may want to try it on XP first

This set it at 10 percent of the Disk or Partition space

Save As SystemRestore.VBS

Const GLOBAL_INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS = 100000

Const LIFE_INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS = 8000000

Const SESSION_INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS = 500000

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _

& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\default")

Set objItem = objWMIService.Get("SystemRestoreConfig='SR'")

objItem.DiskPercent = 10

objItem.RPGlobalInterval = GLOBAL_INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS

objItem.RPLifeInterval = LIFE_INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS

objItem.RPSessionInterval = SESSION_INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS

objItem.Put_

Hope this helps.

Thank for helps guys... :thumbup

First; Yes its a unattended windows question.I know how can i disable manually. :lol:

Second; I don't want set disk space for system restore :huh:

the third one; I'm not programmer and i'm not interesting vbscript,its not about my job. :}

The new problem is:

When disable system restore for drive D: or E:.System restore remember this settings,how?