CDCheck

MSNwar

My friends and I found this small but excellent program useful today and I just wanted to share it with anyone that might need it. Very small in size (2 MB on the hard drive) and fast.

CDCheck is utility for prevention, detection and recovery of damaged files with emphasis on error detection. It can check each of your CDs and DVDs and indicate which files are corrupted. CDCheck reporting features tell you exactly where the problems are. CDs can get damaged in a number of ways, so the program helps you determine whether your data is safe before it's too late. The program also provides a comparison option that lets you select a reference directory on your hard drive (or some other device). CDCheck ensures that the contents on a disc match those in the directory, and effectively alerts you of differences. Besides that CDCheck supports creation of CRC files which provide extra safety that files on your CDs are still exactly the same as they were. In addition to CD-ROMs, the program can be used with all other local or removable media (disk drives, floppy disks, ZIP drives...) visible by the operating system (Windows Explorer).

Home page and download: http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/