Multi-Boot KNOPPIX LINUX... possible?

qzmicro

I have a Multi-boot DVD-DL that I am trying to get KNOPPIX on. I can't seem to do it simply because KNOPPIX has a BOOT folder to boot from and so does Vista. I already have vista and have heard that vista is a pain to edit to boot from anythign other that BOOT. So, is KNOPPIX any differnt? Can I edit some files to make it boot from KNOP or something? Any help would be appreshiated thanks.

Qz

I am not an entusiast of Vista (Longhorn). I think it's still very raw and work very slow.

I did not try to rename its boot folder. Should be renamed another boot folder.

I suppose you have analised http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com

Problems to boot Knoppix LiveCd in the Multiboot DVD:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=56704&st=30

I think you should rename boot\isolinux to somewhat knop\isolinux, extract rebuilt 3420.img and analise with hexeditor file isolinux.bin (size 2048 B) - if there is any link to boot\isolinux you should hexedit this file. May be you should modify syslinux.cfg

I see Screwz Luse got ahead while i prepared to write some.

I have analised - i don't see anything to hexedit or edit. Why for a h* is boot folder in Knoppix LiveCD ISO? I will totally remove boot\isolinux.

Hasta la vista despues una hora.

The boot folder actually isn't required for Knoppix, at least on the CD/DVD. The boot folder's files will be used elsewhere though, it just depends on you do it.

As the boot folder isn't required for Knoppix, you could remove it. I did so - "Image checksum error...Sorry"

Next try will be to rename the boot folder but i think it will be not enough...