Solution for multibooting Win XP/2k3 64-Bit, Win2k3 SP1, WinPE 2004

geitonaki

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped coming by for a while after the last time when we couldn't figure this out. I'm glad to see someone finally did get it working. Tested it at work with x64 and the preinstall worked without a hitch. Now we just need to figure out how to add Vista to the multi-boot DVDs. :)

@geitonaki

One thing I feel should be pointed out is that you don't need the AMD64 directory for x64. Just the $WIN_NT$.~BT folder that's created when you run the setup from within Windows as Incroyable Hulk posted earlier. You should update your batch files accordingly.

Edited by Jito463

@geitonaki

One thing I feel should be pointed out is that you don't need the AMD64 directory for x64. Just the $WIN_NT$.~BT folder that's created when you run the setup from within Windows as Incroyable Hulk posted earlier. You should update your batch files accordingly.

Having the AMD64 directory and trying to install to a 32bit processor you get the following message:

"Attempting to load an x64 operating system, however this CPU is not compatible with x64 mode. Please install a 32-bit X86 operating system."

Without the AMD64 directory you will get:

"Please insert the disk labeled Windows blah blah x64 Edition CD-ROM into drive A:"

• 2 weeks later...

This is the output.... Though it doesn't say which filesgo into which directory...

I will post later if I have time a batch file that I have created which automatically creates the boot folders and modifies the necessary files.

send me please your batch file.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
the winnt.sif file needs to be both in the boot folder and in the actual i386 folder. if there is already a winnt.sif file in the boot folder, overwrite it with the one you made.

This is acctualy not true, I have mine placed in boot folder only (in my case PRO1)

Also I went to crack my setupldr.bin, and found no reference as to hex code suggested here, I just renamed i386 to PRO1 or PRO[any numer or letter] and it works, could it be possible that we dont have same setupldr.bin, i use WinXP pro SP2 corp edition.

You won't beleive this! I took a ride into the txtsetup.sif file and I found this:

name = "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition CD-ROM"

productname = "Windows XP Professional x64 Edition"

bootname1 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Boot Disk"

bootname2 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Disk #2"

bootname3 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Disk #3"

bootname4 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Disk #4"

bootname5 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Disk #5"

bootname6 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Disk #6"

bootname7 = "Windows XP Professional Setup Disk #7"

cdtagfile = "\win51ap"

cdtagfilei = "\win51ip"

cdtagfilem = "\win51mp"

cdtagfilea = "\win51ap"

So I added a dumb WIN51IP and WIN51MP file at the root of the CD and inside \SETUP\XP64\ folder and guess what?

IT'S WORKING! My WMware simulation is going on... the only thing is that I had to press next after the first reboot (at the GUI) ... I'll keep you updated, it's still running

So how can i remove thoose files from the root,

i try the suggestion of one user here to edit txtsetup.sif, nad change path, but it gives me the same error just like when they are not placed in the root..?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...