tablet pc battery question!

Woomera

Most laptop charge and run off the cable, but when u do that it takes longer to charge since it will trickle charge instead of a more quicker charge

Well... sorta. A trickle charge is meant for a very low current used to charge the batteries. Since most people want their computers charged right now, the charger will fill up the battery as quickly as possible.

If you want to charge your battery faster, buy a higher wattage power supply.

Most laptop charge and run off the cable, but when u do that it takes longer to charge since it will trickle charge instead of a more quicker charge

Well... sorta. A trickle charge is meant for a very low current used to charge the batteries. Since most people want their computers charged right now, the charger will fill up the battery as quickly as possible.

If you want to charge your battery faster, buy a higher wattage power supply.

Just make sure that u buy a power supply similar to the way that came with it... other wise u might dmagae and void the warentee on the laptop/tablet pc... If u are using the laptop and trying to charge the battery no matter what u doing the laptop is going to take up most of the power so the battery is still going to be trickle charged...

ok thanks guys but one more question,

if the battery still is half charged and user use the ac cable so he can work and it get charge at the same time is that damage or make my battery life shorter?

is it better that to wait until its finished and then use cable or doesnt make any diffrence?

thanks.

It depends on the type of matterail the battery is made of... for example a NiMH battery it wouldn't matter, that is what most laptop manufacters theses days use... the other battery type <i can't remember the name> it will cause the battery life expectany to shorten alot...

It depends on the type of matterail the battery is made of... for example a NiMH battery it wouldn't matter, that is what most laptop manufacters theses days use... the other battery type <i can't remember the name> it will cause the battery life expectany to shorten alot...

Other way around!!!

Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries suffer from the "memory effect" where the performance of the battery degrades if you don't fully discharge the battery.

Lithium batteries don't suffer from this effect. Most laptops and electronics today (cell phones, MP3 players, etc) have lithium batteries.

Other way around!!!

Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries suffer from the "memory effect" where the performance of the battery degrades if you don't fully discharge the battery.

Lithium batteries don't suffer from this effect. Most laptops and electronics today (cell phones, MP3 players, etc) have lithium batteries.

To the "original" poster (or quoted rather), he's probably thinking pre LiIon days when there was NiCd (Nickle Cadmium) and NiMH (Nickle Metal Hydride). The "other" he was thinking of I'm guessing is NiCd. Those were god awful and haven't been used in any portable computer for y-e-a-r-s....

Lithium Ion is the usual standard and (if you believe Apple) they only go through a cycle when the equivalent of discharging fully has been achived (i.e. you discharge half way and recharge twice, counts as one cycle). They are far supperior and can take some abuse as far as discharging partly then recharging while using, etc...

Still the 1st charge is critical and needs to be left plugged in for 1/2 to 1 day before initial use. After that you should cycle it down (almost but not completely) empty then fully charge it over night. Standard disclaimers apply (I'm not a battery expert, but this seems to be the consensus on what I've read everywhere).

Other way around!!!

To the "original" poster (or quoted rather), he's probably thinking pre LiIon days when there was NiCd (Nickle Cadmium) and NiMH (Nickle Metal Hydride). The "other" he was thinking of I'm guessing is NiCd. Those were god awful and haven't been used in any portable computer for y-e-a-r-s....

Lithium Ion is the usual standard and (if you believe Apple) they only go through a cycle when the equivalent of discharging fully has been achived (i.e. you discharge half way and recharge twice, counts as one cycle). They are far supperior and can take some abuse as far as discharging partly then recharging while using, etc...

Still the 1st charge is critical and needs to be left plugged in for 1/2 to 1 day before initial use. After that you should cycle it down (almost but not completely) empty then fully charge it over night. Standard disclaimers apply (I'm not a battery expert, but this seems to be the consensus on what I've read everywhere).

I was i totally forgot about the LiIon... but in the orginal post i was talking about the NiMH and NiCD... and LiIon just slipped my mind.. lol

:whistle: