edonkey is dead

magicfly

infact program can't connect no more.

That's probably because the initial servers the eDonkey2000 download connects to are hosted by themselves.

To completely bring down the ed2k network, you'd need to take every server offline, which number in the thousands of which everyone can connect to. The same was true for the Gnetulla network, started by the original Napster, which still exists today, even with a new version of the protocol under testing (implemented in Sharaza i believe). Then there are the various other DECENTRALIZED networks around that users connect directly to eachother that will only be brought down once all those users have legal action taken against them.

I have no fears that P2P will die anytime soon. That being said, this doesn't mean you have a right to use P2P and download song/movies/software from them.

Most people assume that since they have the program, it means they have the right to use it any means they can. They have the ability to use it in such a manner, but don't have the right to do so. It's still an illegal activity, and subject to applicable laws.

To completely bring down the ed2k network, you'd need to take every server offline, which number in the thousands of which everyone can connect to. The same was true for the Gnetulla network, started by the original Napster, which still exists today, even with a new version of the protocol under testing (implemented in Sharaza i believe). Then there are the various other DECENTRALIZED networks around that users connect directly to eachother that will only be brought down once all those users have legal action taken against them.

Do you mean with under testing the Gnutella2 protocol?(G2)

It's been out of testing phase for years now, ever since Shareaza 2.0 was released I believe...