What updates are not included in "98 SE SP 2.0.2"?

lightninglord2000

Currently, there's an official Win98 Service Pack called "98 SE SP 2.0.2"

Also, MDGx currently has a site offering various updates for Windows Operating Systems (http://www.mdgx.com/). Now what I want to know is that which of his updates are not included in "98 SE SP 2.0.2"? That way, I know what to install to my Win98 system in order to make it as updated as possible.

BTW, just a suggestion, is it possible to integrate those updates into "98 SE SP 2.0.2"?

BTW, just a suggestion, is it possible to integrate those updates into "98 SE SP 2.0.2"?
You'd rather ask Gape directly in his thread for that particular question as no one else but him can answer that.

This said some of those updates offer you a choice such as the media player. Updating 6.4 or installing 7.1 or installing 9.0 ? In any case you also need the latest Windows Media Runtime 9 and the security and codec updates for the players.

IE is either 5.5 SP2 + security updates or 6.1SP1 + security updates.

Something else not updated in his pack is Java. After installing that pack, I still see an udate for it.

Well the best here I think is not to bother updating MS Java Virtual Machine as MS has dropped support and devellopement for it since a long time (unless I am doing a big mistake saying that) and should install the latest Sun Java runtime.

There are applications that still depend upon the Microsoft JVM when run on 9x systems.

Using the official Microsoft update to version 3810, then installing the latest Sun Java (5.0 Update 5 now) enables certain functions in those programs that need the Microsoft Java to keep working while removing security problems in older versions.

Installing the Sun Java makes it the default and is best for nearly all sites using Java today.