How to network three pcs without a Hub/Switch

compass

What you need to use is internet connection sharing, but this will be a little more tricky because you will be sharing the internet with two computers instead of just one. Maybe you can do some funny tricks with network bridging, I don't know, but I'm going to watch your topics because I'm curious as to how this will turn out.

The computer with internet access will need at least two network cards, one for each computer you want to share to. Depending on what type of internet access you have, it might need up to three network cards to connect to the modem as well.

lolinternet9ht.th.jpg

Edited by I_Broke_My_MHZ

sounds to me like you want to set up a token ring. You'll find it difficult to do this because the technology has moved on since the rg58 days (cable not unlike the one used for cable tv).

Do yu mind me asking, why no hub??? this is the easiset mesthod of setting up the connectivity between the computers, and is also the easiset method to get parts for.

It's not that hard. I had the same configuration. Basicly U turn the main computer which must be operatoinal all the time if U want to have Network sharing between client PC to a FUL BLOWN ROUTER

Anyway this is how my network looked:

network.jpg

U need a program called Winroute PRO. If U need more help, just ask me....

But at the end U're better of getting a 5PORT switch. TRUST ME

Edited by BigDaddy

• 1 month later...