Trouble With Xp

xpman28

Newbie Question here again ill try to reword it here i have tried to run sp1 on my copy of xp that a friend installed for me and it is not letting me to updated to sp1. i kept receiving error something like i cant read the product code i dont know why? second part of my question is that i just puchased a dell computer with xp pro on it and i havent even turned it on yet and plan on doing so can use the key code on my other computer in stead of using it on my dell? second part here my brother has a upgrade code for his computer for xp he is not planning on using it on his computer could i use that to replace my bad key code would that be ok? thanks i hope this question isnt illegal too thaNKS IN ADVANCED

Wow.. so you want to take a legit key and put it on a system that is running an illegal key so that you can upgrade to XP SP1 and you have an upgrade key and whether it will work on a full version of win xp.. you are wondering how to update your key form one computer to another and use a license for one and switch it to the other pirated key, which isnt work as good as you hoped. Ok I think I get it now.... no what you are asking is illegal and not going to work. :)

Running an Illegal Key is Illegal,

making copies for for friends is,

using other people's keys is illegal,

In other words, just buy a legit key and it'll work..

Btw, the guide on msfn will tell you how to enter the legit key when you bought it..