Noisy Motherboard

roger04

Hi guys,

I know I've been posting asking too much about cooling stuffs. But I still can't stand it. The noise from my cheap MSI P4MAM2-V (7095) is driving me crazy. The sound isn't pleasant. I've installed a case fan to help bring the noise down by bringging the mobo/cpu temp down. I rather prefer the fan noise than the mobo <_<

The noise comes from the CPU area and is definately not the CPU fan which is noisy. It sounds like "tuu.." or "woo..". High pitch. It gives me headache at times.

Please help me. I want to get rid of that noise...TQ.

Edit:

Mobo: 37c

CPU: 36c

HD: 32c

CPU fan: 2500RPM

I consider the temps are good to me, but still noisy :realmad:

Edited by roger04

Buy a better heatsink and get a bigger ,slower fan (try a thermaltake Tower 112 w/ a 90mm quiet fan) and tighten the screws really tight on the mobo. Most whine is either from the psu (which would explain why think it could be near the cpu) and HD's / cd's as the noise resonates throughout the case from the vibrations

The high pitch squealing sound is more than likely coming from the Mosfets that are overheating. Mosfets let out high pitched ultrasonic squeals when they overheat and this can cause headaches. Your best option would be small passive heatsinks on mosfets to provide better cooling on them.