IE standalone? or maybe a firefox plugin?

ripken204

is there a standalone version of IE? b/c im doing html in school and the book we are using is meant for use with IE but not firefox. alot of the stuff works in firefox but not all of it, like alot of javascript crap. and the problem is that i dont have IE thx to nlite and it helps alot too, so what should i do? i was hoping that maybe there was a sweet firefox plugin that can support all of the code that IE can but not too sure on that so maybe a version of IE that doesnt need to be installed will work for what i need to do.

If nLite took out your install files you cannot repair it. You will have to download and install it gain. (Then take it back out again, I presume.)

There's no Firefox plugin as IE & Mozzie use different rendering engines. And MS is copyrighted.

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/helpcentral/directions/RepairIE.php

Did you know that you can repair Internet Explorer?

Because Internet Explorer and the Windows operating system are related, problems in Internet Explorer will most likely lead to problems in Windows.  An available option is to repair Internet Explorer.  Yes, it is possible to repair Internet Explorer.  The trick is to use files downloaded for the initial upgrade.  Remember those files you downloaded when you upgraded your version of Internet Explorer?

When Internet Explorer is upgraded to a later version, the option is presented to save the Install files downloaded from Microsoft's servers.  Although you're given the choice of deleting the files, it's a good idea to keep them because they can be used to replace corrupted files.  Otherwise, the files will have to be downloaded again which can take some time.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/quicktips/qt/disableie.htm

Before you disable Internet Explorer remember, even though the automatic update feature in Windows XP is not affected Microsoft does require IE in order to manually

use their Windows Update website,. Also, disabling IE does not remove it, which means the updates provided by Windows Update will still need to be installed.