how to update windows media player10 to last build

KB900399:

Page: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=900399
Info: 26-Jul-2005  13:26  10.0.0.3941  1,027,584  Wmnetmgr.dll

This hotfix supersedes kb893241

KB907658

Info: 07-Sep-2005  11:07  10.0.0.3955  5,533,696  Wmp.dll

This hotfix 'upgrades' WMP10 to build 3955

2.2) from my pack add the next files: msscp.dl_, wmasf.dl_, drmv2clt.dl_ ,qasf.dl_, wmp.dl_ and wmnetmgr.dl_.

Boooggy

Instructions for method 2 in the first post should show wmvcore.dl_ (KB904415) and not drmv2clt.dl_ (KB904555). Ryan's wmp10_addon contains KB904555.

hi guys

because of many requests, i started this new thread. 

it will describe how to have the last build for WMP10.

this can be done in 2 ways:

1. using WMP10 Slipstreamer by Gnome which can be found here.

then download my pack from here , here and mirror.

unpack to the I386 folder and overwrite all files.

2. using ryan's wmp10 addon:

2.1) unpack the addon

2.2) from my pack add the next files: msscp.dl_, wmasf.dl_, wmvcore.dl_ ,qasf.dl_, wmp.dl_ and wmnetmgr.dl_.

2.3) repack (i used picozip) to .cab.

So I'm a little Lost in Translation... The two methods involved are...

1. Unpacking your newwmp.rar file into the i386 folder,

and

2. Using a combination of Ryan's WMP and some files in your newwmp.rar.

If this is correct, then my next question is, how do you use Gnome's Slipstreamer with this newwmp.rar file? When you run Gnome's v3 Slipstreamer, it asked for the location of the Windows Media Player 10 Executable. So are we supposed to download the latest version of MP10 from MS, run the Slipstreamer process, and then copy over your newwmp.rar files?

Also, there is a catfiles.rar inside of the newwmp.rar file, what is this for, and do I need to install it as well?

to your questions the answer is yes. u have to run the slipstreamer first and then use my pack.

about the cat files. they are needed ONLY if u dont disable windows file protection......

like i said in my previous post please read my first post carefully. cat files are needed only if u dont disable windows file protection......

I just want to ask clarification regarding this CAT limit and WFP thing. If CAT limit will be exceeded and SFC is enabled, lets say i have 155 catalogs/updates, does this mean 5 of which will not be installed or all 155 will be installed but 5 will not be protected by WFP?

Pls enlightened me, i'm just want to make sure on what to do.

As usual, thanks Boooggy, for your effort.

Edited by troscat

the cat files limit has just only one problem. at T39 the setup hangs for a lot of time depending how powerfull your pc is. so i u exceed the number of 150 the rest of cat files will be installed but the setup will be longer. for example my svcpack folder has 152 cat files. they all are installed but setup hangs at t39 for 4 min. .....but my system is a little powerfull..... :P