xbox 360 at walmart.com

godan

you can preorder a bundle at walmart now but it doesnt come with a hard drive it looks like, but it does come with 3 games... over $575 too... ouch... sorry if this is old news.

you can use THIS link

Edited by godan

That is just rediculous... $575???  Sorry, but I'll stick with my modded original XBOX thanks! ;)  I'll buy one once they've been hacked and the price has dropped.

Yeah, I'd have to agree there. What an absurd pricing structure all these companies have assumed with their bundling crap! Sad that Wal Mart has now joined the fray. I remember when PS2 and the first XBox came out they were one of the only places where you could *find* an unbundled system.

I'm definitely not getting one at launch.

Jason

ringfinger: Absolutely agree :) My lovely xbox with wifi and media center wont leave my flat till XBMC is ready for Xbox 2 :)

Why? Aren't most of the XBMC features supported by default anyway? The only limitation I'm really aware of (and I admit, I don't have a lot of experience with XBMC) is that 360 will only play standards like WMA, MP3 and WMV9. Of course, WMV9 isn't bad, so...I dunno :)

Thoughts?

Jason

Nope, its not the same... You can modify XBMC any way you want... Add web radios, your favourite forums, XMLTV and many other things... I am sometimes using XMBC as my FTP server when I need to send something home from my work etc. etc. etc...

However we will see :) Maybe they will work hard on it and we wont need XBMC anymore

Nope, its not the same... You can modify XBMC any way you want... Add web radios, your favourite forums, XMLTV and many other things... I am sometimes using XMBC as my FTP server when I need to send something home from my work etc. etc. etc...

However we will see :) Maybe they will work hard on it and we wont need XBMC anymore

I hope so. I'd rather not have to MOD the thing if I can avoid it, jsut because I'd rather not get banned from LIVE, heh. Of course, now that XBox's are getting so cheap I've been thinking about snagging one and modding the hell out of it for a purely offline box, leaving my Live XBox alone to avoid potential problems. I'm hoping the rumors of a $99 price point coming when 360 releases are true :)

Jason

Basically, the 360 will be more like what we made the orignal xbox to be. But I'm sure that a modded xbox now will still have much more functionality then the 360 off the shelf. Check out this article on The Unbreakable XBOX 360. Hopefully someone will be able to figure it out how to break them and not just unique to their machine.