Boo Boo

jerseygirl

bugga.. i neva saw this topic before.. and all i have to say is LOL .. flashing ur bios is kinda risky at times.. reserved for Xperts Xperties  w00t

What if power at his home failed while flashing bios?

hmm.. very unlikely to happen but yeh it possible. :)

Lol, I'm always afraid of this shiz.. each time i do it.. I sit there very quietly watching a lil dos progress bar.. scares the s**t outa me... heart starts to beat fast too for some reason... lol

ok ok ok...Yes its me and I'm back online once again.

Basically it was a loss of power. For those who say "well get a UPS", I have one but they are worthless most of the time. Anyways what I thought was my bios turned out to be a bad RAM module I got from corsair. So a company that I do business with allot lent me a MB. Well that MB wouldn't boot up either so i thought it must be that old VID card. (been acting up "i thought") so he lent me a new VID card and tested mine. Well mine tested out good and the MB I had borrowed still wouldn't boot up with the new VID card. So i was left up to only one thing. It has to be the new RAM. So i took that cool little benchmarking tool memtest (Find it in our downloads section) and ran a 10 time loop on the module. No errors. errr...ok. So let me call ASUS and corsair and be on hold for an hour for corsair and wait 15 hours for a call back from corsair (by the way they called me at 9:30pm...kinda late). After digging through old PC books and ready up on module and specs on MB I figured only one thing.

The RAM was unable to function in any lower end MB. Mind you this is a new corsair XMS DDR3500 running at 433mhz. The fasted available. Being told it would be backwards compatible made me a little upset finding out this is not always true. So I invested a few more bucks in a new ASUS P4PE MB (Now i have a extra ASUS P4S533 Motherboard) and all is running "actually screaming" its way through any task I throw at it.

So the moral of the story is, don't be cool and buy the latest and greatest thing out until you've done your homework, even then wait a little bit for other things to catch up. :):rolleyes:

So the moral of the story is, don't be cool and buy the latest and greatest thing out until you've done your homework, even then wait a little bit for other things to catch up.

Well said and welcome back.