Removed Outlook Express with nlite

gui_m

Hello! I removed Outlook Express from my windows installation thinking i would use Office Outlook 2003 instead. However, Office 2003 isn't working as it should and I just read that it requires Outlook Express to run...

is this true? if so, how do i reinstall it or is there another way around to make Office Outlook work? Thanks :)

btw, I've tried placing a normal (non n-lite) SP2 XP CD and going to install components but Outlook Express doesn't appear on the list...

Edited by gui_m

I just worked so much on getting everything up and running in this new windows installation that I honestly do not feel like making another build in nLite and reinstalling windows.

don't mean to pressure but this is quite urgent...

Edited by gui_m

it's frustrating at times, i know. all you have to do though is import your last session.ini (should be saved in the OS directory that you pointed nLite to) and de-select the removal of OE. just run through everything else to make sure it's what you selected before because some are reporting problems when importing previous settings.

Installing Internet Explorer 6 should reinstall Outlook Express as it is in the installer package. Check the Microsoft download site for the installer of Internet Explorer 6.