Club Fire..

XPerties

I know most of you probaly know about this by now. If you dont here some info...

WEST WARWICK, R.I. - A nightclub erupted in a raging fire during a pyrotechnics display at a rock concert, killing at least 96 people and injuring more than 160 others as frantic mobs rushed to escape. Club officials said Friday the special effects were used without permission.

The death toll rose as firefighters searched through the charred shell of the single-story wood building. Town Manager Wolfgang Bauer said the number of dead had reached 96 Friday night.

"They are still pulling bodies out," Gov. Don Carcieri said after rushing back to the state from a Florida vacation. "This building went up fast — nobody had a chance."

The '80s hard rock band Great White had just started playing Thursday night when giant pyrotechnic sparklers on stage began shooting up and ignited the ceiling above them and soundproofing near the stage. Some in the crowd said they thought it was part of the act, but the fire quickly spread through the low-ceilinged building, filling it with thick, black smoke.

Its so hard for me to imagine 97 people burning to death in a small club. It gives me chills thinking about people having a great time as we all do when we go out and then bam all hell breaks lose. Makes you think about life. See all info Here

Very sad, that's about 40 miles from my house and we lost some local people. One of my co-workers husband lost one of his co-worker, she had just gotten married last June before he went off to Iraq in the reserves. She went there with her sister, so that family lost two.

:)

In my country in 1996, 350 people got burned in a dance club. I checked out the place for the 1st time 3 days before the fire happened!

350 people, gee's that is shocking news :)

the recent Club fire was harsh enough a reality checker for me, couldnt imagine being out having a good time only to be confronted with what happened there