Windows Vista installation problem

poulidis

Hi. When I have one partition on my disk vista installs just fine. When I have two partitions one for my documents and one the installation partition, after the installation when the computer restarts, I get the longhorn screen and it's loading and after that I get the bue screen of death.

Any suggestions apart from deleting the second partition?

Thanks in advance

Vista is still in the beta so my guess would be wait and see if it gets fixed on the next go around. But if not then that could be your only option. Check and see if Microsofts Forums on the Vista project have any clues. If all else fails email microsoft and let them know about it. That way they can at least know about that problem and try to fix it while the OS is still in beta.

Edited by Hatefulsorrow

I had problem installing WinVIST in SATA drive but had no problem doing so in PATA. The PATA has three primary partitions for various OSes and one extended partition for data storage.

How about restoring the hard drive for one partition, installing Windows Vista, and then using a disk utility as Partition Magic, reducing the size of C: partition and creating a new partition for data storage.

Kaz