Overclocking Intel D84pebt2?

Drewdatrip

I just found this on Toms Hardware-

For the first time, Intel breaks with tradition by making it possible to adjust the memory and FSB settings. This means that the FSB speed can be increased by up to four percent, rendering any discussions about system stability superfluous. Intel, clearly by no means wanting to draw parallels to classic overclocking, calls this feature "Stability Test." To keep the voltage controls cool even with high processor loads beyond the 80-Watt limit, the manufacturer integrated a four-phase controller.

I own one of these boards and have looked through the bios, as far as i can tell its hard locked with no mod ability on the Fsb, multiplyer or voltage.

Anyone out there have the same board, and have found somthing that i have overlooked?..or is Tom just on crack?

thankx in advance!

:)

=Drew

All Intel Mobos in the past are locked, this is one of the first to have some Overclocking..

Btw i found it.

In Bios

Advanced>Chipset Config>Burn-in Mode

from there you can inrease the system up to 4 perecent....not much, but what ya gonna do...

I got my 2.4 rated at 2.5...

=Drew

Hm.. from what i've seen at other message boards the p4 2.4 with 533 bus can be oced to close to 3 ghz.

BTW: Didn't the first intel mobos have multis unlocked? :)

And read the manual, u may be able to oc vua jumpers on the mobo.

naw speedz...Intel are classicaly known for not having any modifying on them...i mean it makes sence...they make the Cpus..they dont really want people Ocin Chips to higher, more expencive versions.....though with the burn-in option im able to get it up to 2.5.....

2.4, 2.5 all the same at this point....and in the end, **** fast!

=Drew

Hm.. from what i've seen at other message boards the p4 2.4 with 533 bus can be oced to close to 3 ghz.

BTW: Didn't the first intel mobos have multis unlocked?  :)

And read the manual, u may be able to oc vua jumpers on the mobo.

Those are probably with Asus or Abit motherboards.