How to make a miltiboot DVD simplierly

DrHoang

Alex Kopylov is a russian so genial with BCDW 201, help us to make any dvd multiboot, capable of booting a multi ISO within a sole ISO ( burning to dvd ).

You could download bcdw-2.0a1.zip 237KB from this a website http://www.wolfgang-brinkmann.de/bcdw/bcdw_e.htm . But after extracting this zip file, you use only an important folder bcdw( excluding bcdw2dos folder ) with 3 files only bcdw.bin, bcdw.ini and loader.bin.

You could edit bcdw.ini by notepad to have a menu multiboot that you want and boot this common ISO by bcdw.bin.

1)Firstly, create a common folder with the name BCDW20

2)Put a BCDW subfolder with 3 files already said in BCDW20

3)Create an ISO folder to put any ISO file ( 2000SP4.ISO, Hiren70.ISO, Acronis.ISO ).

4)Create IMAGE folder to put IMA file ( you could put here HDDREG.IMA)

5)If you want to make a multiboot menu having XPE with installing Windows XP or Wiondows 2000:

- Extract all folders of Bart PE\I386\ to WNPE a new folder within BCDW20 .

- Extract all folders and files of XPSP2 CD to the same root. BCDW20 doesn’t accept any iso of XPSP2 installed, you will surely get error not finding ntdlr file if you add XPSP2.ISO like the way of 2000SP4.ISO

- Using UltraiSO to make an 2000SP4.iso from 2000SP4 CD and put in that common ISO folder

6) Edit the bcdw.ini file like the following:

;PasswordMD5Hash = 5ebe2294ecd0e0f08eab7690d2a6ee69 ; MD5 Hash of Main Password (for 'secret' word in this example)

;Logo =

;Font =

;CharSet =

;RootMenu = \BootCat.ini

[MenuItems]

C:\ ; Boot from drive C:

\WNPE\setupldr.bin ; Booting to XPESP2

\i386\setupldr.bin ; Microsoft WindowsXPSP2 Setup

\IMAGE\HDDREG.IMA ; HDD regenerator 1.51

\ISO\Acronis.iso ; Booting to True Image 80

\ISO\2000SP4.iso ; Microsoft 2000 SP4 Setup

\ISO\Hiren70.iso ; Hiren bootCD 70

:PowerOff ; Power Off

:

[MenuOptions]

With the file bcdw.ini that I have changed you could boot from an autoboot dvd with a menu appeared very easy to select to :

a)to C: boot normally to hard disk

b)Boot to XPESP2 boot to XPESP2

c)Install or repair to XPSP2 CD install a fresh Windows XP SP2

d)Boot to HDD regenerator 151 repair bad sector of your hard disk

e)Acronis .iso rescue by True image 80,

f)Install or repair Window 2000 SP4 install a fresh Windows 2000SP4

g)Boot to Hiren CD 70 Hiren 70 ( Rescue utilities on DOS)

7)Open UltraISO 762 , drag all folders within BCDW20 to the superior windows and go to load boot file ( choose that boot file bcdw.bin within the BCDW folder ) and finally save as WinDVD ( per example )

8) Burn this ISO with WinonDVD 603 . Remember that you could save or burn any ISO file > 4GB in your partition being NTFS only but never FAT 32

9)If your <a href='http://www.consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=2' target='_blank'>dvd</a> disk still have place( 4.7GB ), you could make a folder GHO_PQI and add more image file of gho( 8.0) or pqdi ( drive image 2002 ) of any partitions of your hard disk saved.

BCDW20.JPG

These files saved in dvd will be used again to restore to hard disk in case of crash of your computer.

I hope all PE fans enjoy well in making aN unbelieable autoboot dvd disk now. That is made much simplierly than MSFN multibootDVD, I think so.

Dr Hoang from Vietnam.

DrHoang

I supposed that BCDW2 supports very narrow range of ISO's. I used only ACRONIS products ISO's.

BCDW2 does not support any Linux LiveCD ISO (Knoppix, Movix, Suse), any Windows Xp installation and LiveCD ISO.

I did not think that it would support ISO's with folders within ISO (for exemple, there is folder BootCD in Hiren.ISO and so on). I will try with them you have mentioned.

Now, when some words are written to this topic theme, i may express my opinion - am not categorical, your Title Caps do not disturb nor irritate (there are no hellllp, newww and !!!!!!), the essence is - you are not shouting in your post.

Hi stasys44,

Thanks for your mention of my post.

You could test my topic by burning a new ISO with BCDW 201

It supports all ISO files like 200SP4, Hiren70.iso, Acronis.iso, Acronis DS.ISOso well ( except for XPSP2.iso ).

Sorry, I don't like installing Linux because of a lot of complex command lines and I never test it one time in my life.

I am no need of Linux because my XPE is always superior than Linux anyways.

Dr Hoang

• 3 weeks later...

I have succefully integrated BCDW2 with Bart PE, Winxp-SP2 installation, ERDC 2003 & a whole lot of other floppy boot images like Boot managers, Partition magic 8.05, Norton Ghost & what have you.

Only thing I have not been able to manage as yet is putting W2K installation file under NT_1 folder as per the suggestion of Wolfgang Brinkmann. It keeps asking for authentication CD for upgrde version of W2K although it is a full fledged W2K installation version.

I found a suggestion by someone who was using a winnt.sif created by nLite but that solution did not work. Perhaps over the weekend I will have sorted out the problem. Then I can have Win98, ME, W2K, XP-SP2, Bart-PE + Hiren's CD in a single DVD.

I use BCDW v. 2 as soon as it appeared in www.911cd.net/forums. Before i used another wizard v 1.5z - but it does not support any ISO

pmshah

You mean that it asks for CD key? The same problem i had/has and could not managed to solve.

As Bashrats Driver Packs, Programs took a lot of my DVD space i threw off Windows installations except XP.

• 2 weeks later...

No it did not ask for CD key. That could be solved through winnt.sif.

It saw itself as an upgrade in stead of a full installation & asked for an authantication cd from any other previous version of winddows to qualify, starting from win95.

This happens even when I only change the folder name & and add bcdw without using nlite at all.

The next attempt will be to add bcdw to a full fledged w2k unattended installation cd including all the non essential folders & files (which installs flawlessly) changing only the name of the i386 folder. Lets see what happens.

• 6 months later...