Is there an ISO size limit?

My uA DVD is pretty much complete at this point. Just for my own added convenience though I decided to throw in the install files for some other applications that I use from time to time, but I don't necessarily want them to be installed. I had already been doing this in fact and everything was working great with the DVD at a comfortable size of 3.5GB. No when I toss in some more stuff and the size swells to 4.2GB it doesn't want to work. Specifically, when the disc first boots, before I even see the blue text mode portion of setup, I get an error message that says that my txtsetup.sif file is corrupted or damaged. No matter what way, sequence or method I use to create this ISO file or burn the DVD, I get that error message.

Some time ago I was receiving that same error and after a long long time found out it was because I was checking "Optimize" in UltraISO in order to save a couple meg here and there. Once I stopped doing that the problem went away. I am guessing that doing the file optimization somehow or another messes around with the txtsetup.sif file. Or am I totally wrong altogether? Is there some limitation I'm not aware of in Joliet?

Any help would be appreciated as I had grand dreams of making a DVD-9 install disc sometime in the near future.

Are you burning it in UDF or ISO 9660? I'm guessing that's your problem.

UDF is more compatible. UDF 2.0 has complete support for Windows NT. So burn it in UDF (UDF/ISO if you're using Nero).

Edited by Dumpy Dooby