Xp Pro software

XP Pro

Yeah, you should be ok. But you can't legally use it on both laptops. If you have purchased a retail copy of XP Pro, you can install it on whatever system you want, as many times as you want, as long as you don't have more than one copy installed at a time.

If you purchased a laptop with XP Pro pre-installed, you could not use that copy anywhere else. That is an OEM copy and "bound" to the hardware it was sold with.

i have bought xp pro and installed it to my laptop im using now so what i thinking you are saying is that if i buy another laptop and install xp pro i must or should take it off my old laptop?

well, nothing used to happen, but I don't know anymore. You may be blocked from downloading updates from Microsoft now that they've started authenticating Windows systems.

If you're a business, I would take care to purchase legal lisences of software. Although chances are slim, you are much more likely to receive a software audit, especially if you have lots of computers. If MS takes any action at all, they're going to go after the big guys, not the home users that have 1 pirated copy of Windows. It's not worth their time.

The cat and mouse game continues...

Edited by Arvetus