Finished My Unattended Setup!

I have been working on an unattended xp setup and i think i have finished it now. I wanted to post what i have for anyone who would like to make comments or any ideas of how to make it better or perhaps just want to use the settings i have to make your own CD.

WINNT.SIF and oobeinfo.ini are called during windows installation to allow for unattended setup. Both files are in the I386 folder of my XPCD.

PostInstall.cmd is called with CMDLINES.TXT at the 9 min mark of installation. Both of these files are located in my $OEM$ folder of my XPCD. PostInstall.cmd installs all my hotfixes and imports my registry tweaks. I like my hotfixes installed with the batch file rather than nlite (don't ask why).

RUN_ME_1ST.cmd is copied to the current users desktop. I tried to call this file with GUIRUNONCE but it did not install the WMP10 hotfixes and it is really easy to just run this file straight from the desktop. RUN_ME_1ST.cmd is located in $OEM$\C\Apps to Install.

I have an "Apps to Install" folder that is copied directly to my C drive. This folder has all the programs i will install with my fresh Windows installation (Realplayer, Quicktime, Firefox, Zonealarm, Avast... ect). I believe it to be much easier to install these programs manually than try and put all the work itno haveing them install automaticlly.

Let me know your thoughts.

WINNT.SIF

oobeinfo.ini

System_Tweaks.reg

PostInstall.cmd

RUN_ME_1ST.cmd

hey ru using admin account for autologon?

i wana know how to stop this autologon after one time.i used autologon count in winnt.sif but its not working.

any ideas abt this

Looks alright, but I wouldn't call it "PostInstall.cmd" if it's called with CMDLINES.TXT at T9 because it's not really Post, it's During. Also, I wouldn't install WMP10, I think version 9 is much better. And hotfixes, I used to do all those in the i386 (updates folder I believe) and I had a svcpack.inf file that refered to them including the qchain.exe. But now I just use Ryan's Pack...

bmn - The only apps that are installed during setup are WMP10 and Adobe7 (which is RyanVM's switchless installer). Everything else are just hotfixes. The apps such as Quicktime, Zonealarm, Firefox... ect are setup exe's that are just copied from the cd to a directory on my Cd drive where i install them manually.

eirogge - I guess i could do that but i have already gone through and setup all the entries. The only reason to do that at this point would be to make the patch file smaller which isnt an issue right now. However i might go with a loop method later on .

Thinkster - I think you acctually might be right i will have to consider changing the name of my postinstall.cmd file. Thats a good point. As for WMP10 i acctually like 10 over 9. I know prob one of the few ppl that does.